NKY Power Rankings 10-27-16 - Sponsored by NKY Family & Cosmetic Dentistry

Wow, the Holy Cross wagon has really filled up. Did NOT see that coming.

Not on the wagon. Just think they are underrated on this poll. HC could run the table and never get any respect. It goes the other way as well. Highlands goes 2-7 and beats a poor Grant County team and a mediocre Cooper team and they are still ranked in the Top 10 because of the names on their jerseys. A case could be made for Campbell, Dixie, or Highlands to be off this list and a case could be made to leave them on but to leave a team off with clearly a better record and more momentum in their class is obviously unfairly biased. At the end of the day this poll means nothing. Zero. It is just an opinion from one person. I have my opinions as well and Campbell and Highlands aren't in it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man I get there are some Holy Cross fans but if you didn't do your homework Beechwood was leading the CovCath game at halftime. Instead of trying to give Holy Cross so much love you should be elevating Beechwood who every one thought they would have a down year. Instead, they should be higher on this Top 10. I don't care about athletes, I care about wins! Beechwood is poised and vry tough minded. Young and Hungry. Plus the Tigers already scrimmaged Dixie to a virtual draw and they are 5A. Beechwood beats all those teams: Campbell, Dixie, and HC.

I agree that Beechwood has a very good team IN THEIR CLASS and probably in 2A as well. Don't forget that 3 TD's called back for penalties could've put the Tigers on the other side of the scoreboard against HC but that is football and the Tigers got the W. It doesn't matter if BW was up on CC or not. It's a 4 quarter game. The simple fact of the matter is the BW beat HC head to head. That's why I didn't say anything negative about the Tigers place in the rankings. 5-4 or 6-3 should Trump 1-8, 2-7, or 3-6 any day. It's all about the names on the jerseys here though.

I like Holy Cross but just think Beechwood deserves more love considering how they've played this year and how they are playing. Very Underrated, Holy Cross may have been a little over rated with all the start of the season hype they received.

Not on the wagon. Just think they are underrated on this poll. HC could run the table and never get any respect. It goes the other way as well. Highlands goes 2-7 and beats a poor Grant County team and a mediocre Cooper team and they are still ranked in the Top 10 because of the names on their jerseys. A case could be made for Campbell, Dixie, or Highlands to be off this list and a case could be made to leave them on but to leave a team off with clearly a better record and more momentum in their class is obviously unfairly biased. At the end of the day this poll means nothing. Zero. It is just an opinion from one person. I have my opinions as well and Campbell and Highlands aren't in it.

You obviously don't understand the concept of these power rankings. But you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

You obviously don't understand the concept of these power rankings. But you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

Thoroughly understand the concept of power rankings and the Indians are definitely more powerful than Campbell, Dixie, and Highlands in my opinion. Opinions cannot be wrong just misguided such as those who think differently than myself.

Beechwood wasn't leading at halftime of the Covcath game.

Man I get there are some Holy Cross fans but if you didn't do your homework Beechwood was leading the CovCath game at halftime. Instead of trying to give Holy Cross so much love you should be elevating Beechwood who every one thought they would have a down year. Instead, they should be higher on this Top 10. I don't care about athletes, I care about wins! Beechwood is poised and vry tough minded. Young and Hungry. Plus the Tigers already scrimmaged Dixie to a virtual draw and they are 5A. Beechwood beats all those teams: Campbell, Dixie, and HC.

Thoroughly understand the concept of power rankings and the Indians are definitely more powerful than Campbell, Dixie, and Highlands in my opinion. Opinions cannot be wrong just misguided such as those who think differently than myself.

Fair enough

You may carry on

calpreps.com does a very good job ranking teams. The numbers by the name are where that team ranks in the entire United States. Here is how they have the teams being discussed rated:

#2675 Dixie Heights

#2967 Beechwood

#3617 Campbell County

#3808 Highlands

#3925 Newport Catholic

#4646 Boone County

#4848 Holy Cross