Greenup/Raceland Predictions???

LifeisFB

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ashland squad that played Russell is not the same who played Raceland. I wouldn't use that when making a prediction. While I think Raceland will win, it may be closer than some think.

The Rams are also a much improved team from week # 1. Ashland exposed many things during that game and the coaching staff has corrected those. Raceland will not show up expecting GC to lay down, they understand what must be done to get the W. and have worked hard all week to see that it happens.

I think this is the year of the RAM...they should go undefeated in the District and have a great shot at getting through the dis-oriented NKY teams this year to State...

Raceland over GC 28-17.

I encourage your support EagleEye and accept it graciously but the District will be a tough task. LCA, Bath, Paris, Nicholas Co. & Fairview all have a say in the Championship so we are just taking them one game at a time.

The Ashland squad that played Russell is not the same who played Raceland. I wouldn't use that when making a prediction. While I think Raceland will win, it may be closer than some think.

and the Raceland Squad that played Ashland is much better at this point in the season as are the Tomcats :thumb: . BOTH teams have really improved from week 1. That usually the way it works or at least it is the way it is supposed to. As for this game I am not taking GCHS lightly at all. Rival games are usually a "throw out the records" type game and I believe by now that the Great Raceland Coaching Staff has got the team focused and ready to go.

:thumb: :thumb:

OldRambler & Cvillecat,

I am just voicing my opinion based upon everything I have read, seen and heard so far in this YOUNG season...

I believe Coach Vanderhoof has those boys focused on one game at a time - which is EXACTLY what they need to do and WILL do! :)

RACELAND is the team to beat in the DISTRICT so far - look at those polls - I am not the only one who thinks this...

I am happy that Bath Co & Paris are finally showing some life in our District as well! It has really been no value to play Berea or Bath Co the past 3 years - no disrespect to those coaches or players - but it truly has been no contest by the 1st Quarter and that does nothing for either team - thus the Mercy Clock Rule was deployed...

OldRambler & Cvillecat,

I am just voicing my opinion based upon everything I have read, seen and heard so far in this YOUNG season...

I believe Coach Vanderhoof has those boys focused on one game at a time - which is EXACTLY what they need to do and WILL do! :)

RACELAND is the team to beat in the DISTRICT so far - look at those polls - I am not the only one who thinks this...

I am happy that Bath Co & Paris are finally showing some life in our District as well! It has really been no value to play Berea or Bath Co the past 3 years - no disrespect to those coaches or players - but it truly has been no contest by the 1st Quarter and that does nothing for either team - thus the Mercy Clock Rule was deployed...

:thumb: Agree 100 %. & I respect your opinion.

I'd just like to see someone from OUR DISTRICT come out of the REGION to represent us instead of the NKY teams doing it every year! :)

I'd prefer it to be LCA, but if not us then ONE of US!

Its kind of like rooting for the BIG 10 teams, unless they play OhioState...I EVEN root for "that team up North" in Bowl Games and during the regular season just so that the OSU-"team from up North" game is even more meaningful!

As things look at this moment in time, our District's best shot is currently Raceland - hopefully that will change to LCA after next week's game...but until then...

I'd just like to see someone from OUR DISTRICT come out of the REGION to represent us instead of the NKY teams doing it every year! :)

I'd prefer it to be LCA, but if not us then ONE of US!

Its kind of like rooting for the BIG 10 teams, unless they play OhioState...I EVEN root for "that team up North" in Bowl Games and during the regular season just so that the OSU-"team from up North" game is even more meaningful!

As things look at this moment in time, our District's best shot is currently Raceland - hopefully that will change to LCA after next week's game...but until then...

You had me believing until the "team up North" support:lol:

The Raceland/LCA game has all the makings to become the game of the week and should be great for the fans.

I apologize for going astray to other's on this thread.

This RIVALRY game should be a dandy!

It seems like every one is healthy and eligible for the game tonight, right?

My other question is...can either teams SPECIAL TEAMS play be the difference in who wins/loses this game?

Raceland shouldnt even be on the same field or for that matter the same basketball court, or the same baseball diamond as the mighty Musketeers. Coach Sammons will have his team ready and they will ROLL to victory.

HMMMMM........the Rams have had success against Greenup in all 3 sports the last few years.:walk: :banana: :banana:

High school football games sometimes have a way of surprising people. A bounce here or a penalty there, and before you know it the score is not what you expected. Because everything points to a big Raceland win tonite, I'm picking Greenup County. At some point this team will find a way to win and tonite could be the nite.

Greenup Co. 17

Raceland 14