Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#AlfredOlango

Featured Replies

That's the problem — there's no good answer.

 

THIS!

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the police? Why not an EMT or firefighter?

And in the event he was armed, we'd be having this conversation why the police weren't called because he was armed (after the fact of course). No win situation.

Dude's a human being. Frozen is fear is a possibility, right? That's not a judgement on him as a person. It probably happens more than we realize.

 

Sure I could see this. Drawing your weapon and facing death that close (only a few feet away) isn't a daily occurrence I'm guessing.

And in the event he was armed, we'd be having this conversation why the police weren't called because he was armed (after the fact of course). No win situation.

 

Exactly. EMTs and firefighters would have no more ability/training to deal with folks who went off their meds, and started a crisis situation. They're not trained for that any more than cops are.

Picture says a thousand words. It's sad he lost his life. It's on him though. I would have shot him too. Standing like that is definitely a threat to the officers. They dont have but a split second to decide, that action would have made me defend myself reguardless of COLOR.

I'll say what I've said several times on here already. It is very common in "unknown" situations where there is confrontation for one officer to go lethal (gun), and one less lethal (taser). If I'm the cop with the taser, I don't give a hoot, if he's pulling a gun I'm popping off that taser cause I don't have time to transition to my gun. A taser is better than standing there fiddle flipping with my taser and trying to get my gun out.

 

Answers my questions on the reason for different weapons. Thanks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.