Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14th Region Predictions

Featured Replies

What are your top 5 for the 14th?

 

Here is mine.

 

1. Leslie

2. Knott Central

3. Perry Central

4. Powell County

5. Wolf County

Have you watched girls basketball recently?

Perry head and shoulders number 1, followed by Breathitt. After that several teams could be in the mix..including Knott, and Leslie, Powell. DOnt forget about Hazard and Wolf. Hazard should have some talent if they can get anything out of it.

Perry will be on the top this year and I am saying this and I come from Knott County...I look for PCC to go to Bowling Green this year...Breathitt will have the 2nd best team. Leslie, Knott, and Hazard will be closely behind. Everyone talks about how KCC wont be any good...They are better than what most people think they are. Leslie is loaded with talent and Hazard is as well.

1. Perry Central

2. Breathitt County

3. Leslie County

4. Letcher County Central

5. Hazard

 

In my opinion Perry Central is the team to beat in the 14th. Several other teams should be in the middle of the pack such as Hazard Leslie, Breathitt, LCC, and Powell county. Should be an interesting year in the 14th.

Perry is ahead in the race to Rupp this preseason. Breathitt has a nice inside out game with 3 solid guards and 2 solid post players. Knott plays smart ball and has Mosley that shoots the eyes out from anywhere inside half court. Leslie, Letcher and Hazard are all 3 athletic. I'm also going to add an Owlsey team in there witch impressed me this summer which played Knott down to the wire a couple times and showed potential againest a BIG Breathitt team. Wolfe always has a solid team led by coach Bell.

Perry is ahead in the race to Rupp this preseason. Breathitt has a nice inside out game with 3 solid guards and 2 solid post players. Knott plays smart ball and has Mosley that shoots the eyes out from anywhere inside half court. Leslie, Letcher and Hazard are all 3 athletic. I'm also going to add an Owlsey team in there witch impressed me this summer which played Knott down to the wire a couple times and showed potential againest a BIG Breathitt team. Wolfe always has a solid team led by coach Bell.

 

 

It is the race to E.A. Diddle. As all ways Perry will baiscally own the region and Breathitt right behind then. Owsley only played Knott once and when they did if I recall it wasn't to close of a game. You are right Knott plays smart ball and people get mad at them for doing so. Mosley is one of the best shooters I know. If Amburgey can keep all of his key players heads up they will be just fine. I haven't really heard much on Wolfe..Who do they return???

Perry Central is the front runner but the other teams should be decent as well. As last years regional tournament proved one bad game and you go home. PCC will have to work this season to win, it shouldn't be a cakewalk.

Perry Central is the team to beat.

Breathitt County should be a solid second.

Everyone else a distant third.

Perry Central

Breathitt County

Hazard

 

Letcher will be in the mix as well.

Wolfe returns Burton and Wilson I believe.

Bell usually has a good team at Wolfe that will be able to compete in the region

I am not saying they are going to be good enough to win it. Actually, they are not ready for that, but Buckhorn will be much better this season under new coach Tim Wooton. I look to see a big imrovement in that team.

I agree with Lightning, Buckhorn will not be the easy W that they have been in the past. They will probable catch some teams offguard and pull out some wins.

I agree with Lightning, Buckhorn will not be the easy W that they have been in the past. They will probable catch some teams offguard and pull out some wins.

 

They may beat Riverside or Jackson City, and as of now June Buchanan as well, but no one else.

They may beat Riverside or Jackson City, and as of now June Buchanan as well, but no one else.

Why be that way? We are just saying that Buckhorn will be an improved team. These girls deserve credit. They have worked hard all summer under Coach Wooton. I know they probably won't win the district or region, but they will be more improved and it will show on the court.

Why be that way? We are just saying that Buckhorn will be an improved team. These girls deserve credit. They have worked hard all summer under Coach Wooton. I know they probably won't win the district or region, but they will be more improved and it will show on the court.

 

Buckhorn has improved alot over the course of this summer but they just arent big enough nor do they have as much talent as these other schools. I will give them credit yes, they have came out and proved everyone wrong and that they can win games and can be a good team. But as of right now I just don't see them beating no one besides JBS, Jackson City, Riverside and so on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.