Boyle County 57 Lincoln County 7

WestDanville

I was told that the Rebels didn't have to run a play at the end of the game but they hurried and punched in a score up 50-7. Several said Coach Smith would never run up the score on his former player, Travis Leffew. Did he?

Rebels could have taken a knee I guess, but this was basically Freshman playing in a varsity game. I suppose Grant Hotchkiss could have taken a dive short of the goaline on his TD run, but if it is me out there here are my choices.....take a knee short of the endzone or score my first HS TD.

And at that point Chuck wasn't coaching.....brother Bobby was calling the plays!

I listened to the game last night and it sounded like subs were being ran in to the final buzzer. You can't ask those kids not to play. It may be there only chance the rest of the year to get on a varsity field.

I was excited to here that Bartleson scored,Hardwick recovered a fumble on special teams and Kelly was named defensive player of game by radio. All Freshman. It looks like Smith is starting to work his magic with this team.

The final touchdown was from 22 yds by the 3rd QB of the night Boyle had used and the 2nd freshman QB. There is not much difference between putting up 50 or 57. Young players need the chance to show what they can do whether on offense or defense. The young players don't learn much by taking a knee the last few downs of a one sided game. Even the LC players on defense at that time wanted a chance to show that they could make plays. I wouldn't blame Coach Smith because the LC defenders couldn't tackle a freshman QB 20 yds from the goal line on that play. The player, Grant Hotchkiss had as much right to show what he could do as did the LC players who were trying to score right until the end of the game when they had the ball.

I was told that the Rebels didn't have to run a play at the end of the game but they hurried and punched in a score up 50-7. Several said Coach Smith would never run up the score on his former player, Travis Leffew. Did he?

I didnt go into this much detail but I said in the predictions thread he wouldnt stop playing this game for anything. Here is why this wasnt a typical BC team that would be 5-0 going into last night. They were sub 500 team will improvements to make including improvements for lower class-men in the hope that if you need them you have them. I think he was simply trying to see where this team is headed which I feel like any coach worth something would have done sitting at 2-3 before last night just my opinion.

Coach Smith's post game comments...

“I liked the way we ended up the game, too. Usually, after we get a running clock, we just stop and we waste the rest of the game and get nothing out of it. I think we finished it the way we should have finished it.”