Mercer County

CATonFIRE76

The old Harrodsburg HS football field is a better venue all around. A new track and lights were installed. We now have new bleachers also. No matter how much $ we put into the old field, it would not be as nice. Also, we are glad to finally have a full length/full size practice field.... our old gamefield. Our MS & Frosh practice on our old practice field. Less to take care of and alot easier on everyone.

I also like that we do not have to use the sports complex on game night. That helps alot with wear & tear and cleaning.

I also like that we play at Alvis Johnson Field and where the old Hogs played. It is a great tradition and Coach Johnson is the Patriarch of football in our community. I don't know how much that factored if at all in the decision, but I like that part of it alot.

I enjoy being at our old field everyday for practice. It was 46 years ago tomorrow that Robert Allen Yankey played his last game for the Rebels on that field when my Dad coached at Boyle. The first time I was on that field was 1972 with my Dad. It is also where I played in HS for Coach French. It is a great place with a bunch of memories.

I am really glad that both places are such a big part of Titan Football. That is how it should be.

The old Harrodsburg HS football field is a better venue all around. A new track and lights were installed. We now have new bleachers also. No matter how much $ we put into the old field, it would not be as nice. Also, we are glad to finally have a full length/full size practice field.... our old gamefield. Our MS & Frosh practice on our old practice field. Less to take care of and alot easier on everyone.

I also like that we do not have to use the sports complex on game night. That helps alot with wear & tear and cleaning.

I also like that we play at Alvis Johnson Field and where the old Hogs played. It is a great tradition and Coach Johnson is the Patriarch of football in our community. I don't know how much that factored if at all in the decision, but I like that part of it alot.

I enjoy being at our old field everyday for practice. It was 46 years ago tomorrow that Robert Allen Yankey played his last game for the Rebels on that field when my Dad coached at Boyle. The first time I was on that field was 1972 with my Dad. It is also where I played in HS for Coach French. It is a great place with a bunch of memories.

I am really glad that both places are such a big part of Titan Football. That is how it should be.

Great post!

Lincoln County's Central Office is at the old Stanford High School site. Until about a year ago, the football field was still behind the school, including the old concrete bleachers. Now, they have built on the field and there is zero chance of it ever being played on, again.

At one time, I thought it would be fun and nostalgic to have a Lincoln County/Garrard County game there but the facilities would have been woefully inadequate. I'm really happy to see Harrodsburg's field being used.

First, our crowds would need to be large enough to justify it. At that point, I would have no idea on funding. I hope that becomes an issue. Right now, it is not.

Well Coach, with you their I think that it will be just a madder of time. I think the future at Mercer is look good and hope you are there for a while. Good luck the rest of the year and go Titans.