Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why was Ray Harper fired at WKU?

Featured Replies

Who's Ray Harper?

Who's Ray Harper?

 

By the thread title I would say he was employed by WKU. This is a college basketball board, so I'm guessing maybe a basketball coach. Not hard to figure, Inspector

By the thread title I would say he was employed by WKU. This is a college basketball board' date=' so I'm guessing maybe a basketball coach. Not hard to figure, Inspector[/quote']

 

Thank goodness for this insight, or the thread may have been doomed...

It was a joke

I know zero about the issue at the end that led to his resignation, or the cover up that may or may not have ensued, but I know Ray Harper is a cantankerous dude who has left a wake of people behind him at every stop that weren't sad to see him go. I understand why Ross pulled the trigger on Ray when he did (mid-season) in January of 2012. Ken McDonald was driving the ship into the ground, and Ross needed a quick fix, and a veteran coach was on the bench. However, I know of two prominent coaches that DESPERATELY wanted that job, both doing very well right now at other places, both of which I know Ross considered heavily after speaking to before falling back to Ray. Was a mistake, but it is what it is.

 

I believe WKU plays Jacksonville State this year, Ray's new home, so that will be fun.

Statement made by AD Todd Stewart after Harper resigned (you can play count the cliches if you so desire):

Western Kentucky athletic director Todd Stewart on the direction of the men’s basketball program moving forward: “We’re in a tough spot right now. We’ve got some real challenges to overcome. But the thing I really want to emphasize, is this program has faced adversity before and overcome – and we will again. The mark of a great program, to me, is one of resiliency and the ability to overcome adversity, meet the challenges head on, and rise above it. And we will do that. We. Will. Do that. I want everyone to know: We will hire a great head coach to get everything back on track and win at a high level. That’s what our players, fans, university, and this community deserves. And I am very confident that will occur.”

Statement made by AD Todd Stewart after Harper resigned (you can play count the cliches if you so desire):

Western Kentucky athletic director Todd Stewart on the direction of the men’s basketball program moving forward: “We’re in a tough spot right now. We’ve got some real challenges to overcome. But the thing I really want to emphasize, is this program has faced adversity before and overcome – and we will again. The mark of a great program, to me, is one of resiliency and the ability to overcome adversity, meet the challenges head on, and rise above it. And we will do that. We. Will. Do that. I want everyone to know: We will hire a great head coach to get everything back on track and win at a high level. That’s what our players, fans, university, and this community deserves. And I am very confident that will occur.”

 

If that was a drinking game, we would all be hosed.

  • Author

Guess we will never know the real story, he comes back to Western on Wednesday hope some media person might ask him

Interested to know why, WKU has a top 10 recruiting class for '17.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.