Vito Tisdale or Reese Smith

thunder1

Vito Tisdale of Bowling Green will likely get more accolades and more publicity. Vito is a dynamic player on both sides of the ball and from what I have seen he has touched the ball 5 times and has 4 touchdowns. He's on pace to play at the next level most likely for a school thousands of people have heard of and he is the front runner for Mr. Football and honestly may make a run at back to back Mr. Football awards his junior and senior seasons. He is that good and should only get better.

Reese Smith has emerged as Boyle County's go to player on offense and defense. He's arguably the most athletic person walking the hallways of Boyle County High School. It's been known in this area that Reese was going to be a special player for Boyle County and while no one is surprised to see him excelling on the field I don't think anyone expected his rise to be as fast as it has been. Reese is known more locally than statewide like Vito is so most folks on this board likely hasn't heard of Reese Smith yet but in due time they all will.

I can't answer who is better because I truly don't know plus I had the honor of attending high school with Vito's father and I am friendly with Big V. I also have the honor of knowing Reese Smith's father fairly well and speak to him quite often. Both young men come from

very supportive and loving families and both boys have extremely bright futures. I expect both to have outstanding high school

careers and maybe one day before they graduate maybe we'll get a chance to see them on the field at the same time.

It should also be noted that both young men are excellent basketball players as well. Don't be surprised to see both young men making an impact on their varsity basketball teams this winter. They are both that gifted and talented.

For us guys in NKy, can we have a little info on their size, speed, ages, etc. I remember the hype from my day on a young man at Madisonville HS, Alfred Collins(later to be known as Sonny). Big for a back 6'1", 195, fast (state champ 100 yds), who lived up to all that billing from his freshman rep. Are these young men in that physical mold? Or, more a Craig Yeast talent from Harrodsburg (small, shifty, but lightning fast)?

Small correction. Vito has 3 TDs (only 4 touches). A junior can not win Mr Football, only seniors.

I am sure Reese is a great player as well. Not sure if he attended the Middle School Army all-american game but Vito was invited both his 7th and 8th grade year, finished 2nd in voting his 8th grade year as best player.

Time will tell, its a little early but in the next year or two when they are both the featured players for their teams, I think it will be obvious of which kid stands out the most

Small correction. Vito has 3 TDs (only 4 touches). A junior can not win Mr Football, only seniors.

I am sure Reese is a great player as well. Not sure if he attended the Middle School Army all-american game but Vito was invited both his 7th and 8th grade year, finished 2nd in voting his 8th grade year as best player.

Time will tell, its a little early but in the next year or two when they are both the featured players for their teams, I think it will be obvious of which kid stands out the most

The rules have changed. Juniors can win Mr. Football. Riley Hall of Pulaski County was the first junior to ever be a Mr. Football finalist in the 2014 season.

For us guys in NKy, can we have a little info on their size, speed, ages, etc. I remember the hype from my day on a young man at Madisonville HS, Alfred Collins(later to be known as Sonny). Big for a back 6'1", 195, fast (state champ 100 yds), who lived up to all that billing from his freshman rep. Are these young men in that physical mold? Or, more a Craig Yeast talent from Harrodsburg (small, shifty, but lightning fast)?

Reese is about 6'1. I don't know his weight or 40 time. I'm pretty sure the only person at Boyle County faster than him is Landon Bartleson and when it comes to straight up speed you won't find many kids faster than Landon Bartleson.

It is ridiculous and unfair to discuss "which 15 year old kid is better" on a public forum IMO.

I know Vito is a special talent, but I've never seen him play.

Reese has battled injuries his last couple of years and missed several games in his middle school career. The bottom line with Smith is simple. He has been known around this area since 2nd/3rd grade. He scored in youth league nearly every time he touched the ball...and would lay the wood on any kid that tried to run the ball his direction. All the area kids were terrified of him.

He was the best player on a great BCMS team that went undefeated in 2014 and 2015 and beat teams by an average of 40 points.

He doesn't go to the post season football allstar camps/teams because he switches straight to basketball and then does Louisville Magic AAU in the summer. Some of these decisions have cost him some notariety but that hasn't been a high priority...getting healthy has.

He is a great kid and his family is as solid as it gets...very grounded and humble.

He is quick/fast/smart...runs very well although isn't considered a speedster. He is just a winner and a clutch performer. If there is a 50/50 ball, it's not really 50/50...the ball is his, he just doesn't have it yet.

I wish them both well...and injury free careers.

Reese is already a featured player for Boyle County.

I don't think Reese played in the same game as Vito. I'm thinking Reese was playing basketball at that time but I am not certain.

As good as Vito is and will be I do think he will be seen as the best in his class but I will say that I don't think the gap between the two is a huge gap.

Vito Tisdale of Bowling Green will likely get more accolades and more publicity. Vito is a dynamic player on both sides of the ball and from what I have seen he has touched the ball 5 times and has 4 touchdowns. He's on pace to play at the next level most likely for a school thousands of people have heard of and he is the front runner for Mr. Football and honestly may make a run at back to back Mr. Football awards his junior and senior seasons. He is that good and should only get better.

Reese Smith has emerged as Boyle County's go to player on offense and defense. He's arguably the most athletic person walking the hallways of Boyle County High School. It's been known in this area that Reese was going to be a special player for Boyle County and while no one is surprised to see him excelling on the field I don't think anyone expected his rise to be as fast as it has been. Reese is known more locally than statewide like Vito is so most folks on this board likely hasn't heard of Reese Smith yet but in due time they all will.

I can't answer who is better because I truly don't know plus I had the honor of attending high school with Vito's father and I am friendly with Big V. I also have the honor of knowing Reese Smith's father fairly well and speak to him quite often. Both young men come from

very supportive and loving families and both boys have extremely bright futures. I expect both to have outstanding high school

careers and maybe one day before they graduate maybe we'll get a chance to see them on the field at the same time.

It should also be noted that both young men are excellent basketball players as well. Don't be surprised to see both young men making an impact on their varsity basketball teams this winter. They are both that gifted and talented.

Great post!

For you NKY guys....Reese is similar to Highlands star Frosh Huddleston. Smaller (Reese is about 5'10"/5'11") but faster (prob around 4.6 40) and Smith is a better all around athlete. Reese can dunk a basketball easily.

Huddleston and Smith are smart and hit hard. GREAT football players.

For you NKY guys....Reese is similar to Highlands star Frosh Huddleston. Smaller (Reese is about 5'10"/5'11") but faster (prob around 4.6 40) and Smith is a better all around athlete. Reese can dunk a basketball easily.

Huddleston and Smith are smart and hit hard. GREAT football players.

Reese may be 6'0, 6'1 right now. He's a little taller than my son and my son is at least 5'11 according to the doctor's office. Hair not counting. :lol2: :lol2:

Reese may be 6'0, 6'1 right now. He's a little taller than my son and my son is at least 5'11 according to the doctor's office. Hair not counting. :lol2: :lol2:

Max preps has him at 5'10" 160...he may have grown a little but he's definitely a little heavier now (165lbs).