Diocese of Camden: Stand for Anthem or be suspended

frankdracman23

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't say a prayer during a team huddle/practice/game. Could they make them stand?

Sure. Playing football is a privilege, not a right. The school system could certainly do that. The prayer ban is sent down from a higher authority and is an entirely different circumstance.

Sure. Playing football is a privilege, not a right. The school system could certainly do that. The prayer ban is sent down from a higher authority and is an entirely different circumstance.

Have t the courts made rulings about public schools forcing students to stand for the Pledge? My memory says they have.

I'm not a fan of anyone stopping someone from protesting the flag. I may not like it, but I believe in the right. I believe someone has the right to burn the flag. I won't like it.

But sports are a privilege and a system or a coach can set almost any guidelines they like.

Wouldn't this compare to Stoops at UK banning gun ownership?

What happens when the 10 best players, 20... Team chooses to kneel?

Hard and fast rules push issues to a crisis. I bet opponents of these guys are loving it.

Being private schools, I'm guessing they won't have many push the issue but it will be interesting to find out.