Beechwood 57 Franklin County 21

spindoc

Sorry about my calling QB Braydon Burch consistently Bunch throughout my game thread. Just me not knowing the players. He has a solid arm, makes exceptional decisions ( with the exception of the pick six right before half) and had a very good game. Would love to hear his stats.

Couple observations from these old eyes. BW has a ton of small, quick skill players that gain consistent separation. Inexperienced OL gives Burch adequate time, but doesn't open many holes yet for the running game. The team is obviously very disciplined, makes few mental mistakes, and will only be beat by bigger-talented athletes. They will not beat themselves. Very polished showing. Hardly looked like same team I saw against Lloyd.

A lot of action in this one so I am just going to give the possession by possession recap.

First Quarter

FC 20 ... 1 first down then punt

BW 35 ... 1 1st down; long TD called back penalty; punt downed at 1

FC 1 ... Safety for BW; holding in the end zone BW leads 2-0 8:03

BW at FC 31 ... Jake Sherron 31 yard TD run; Daniel Mescher extra point; 9-0 7:39

FC 20 ... 1 1st down then punt

Second Quarter

BW at FC 46 ... on 4th down QB Brayden Burch 22 yard TD pass to Logan Castleman; Mescher XP - BW leads 16-0 11:54

FC 12 ... 3 and out, punt

BW 46 ... Aiden Justice 11 yard TD run; Mescher XP 23-0 7:43

FC 25 ... Denzel Vance 1 yard TD run; 2 pt try no good 23-6 5:10

BW ... Justice 83 yard kickoff return; XP no good 29-6 4:55

FC 26 ... 3 and out, punt

BW 22 ... Interception return 31 yards for TD for Franklin Co. by Cody Lofton; XP by Lewis 29-13 1:13

BW 31 ... Burch to Castleman 15 yd TD pass; Mescher XP 36-13 0:13

Third Quarter

BW 47 ... Burch to Castleman 2 yd TD; Mescher XP 43-13 8:02

FC 44 ... QB Jerimiah Green 25 yd TD pass to Tre Simmons; Green run for 2 pt 43-21 5:10

BW 40 ... James Davis 14 yard TD run; Mescher XP 50-21 4:51

FC 36 ... tried fake punt on 4th down and stopped short

BW 40 ... Burch to Mescher 23 yd TD pass; Mescher XP 57-21 1:08 ... running clock

FC 37 ... First play Interception by BW Logan Castleman

Fourth Quarter

Running clock; Each team had a couple possessions; BW started working in JV; no more scoring

Final Score Beechwood 57 Franklin County 21

It is amazing how much the Beechwood offense has improved in three games. As QB Burch gains experience and the coaches figure out what this team can do effectively, the offense has really started to click.

The Beechwood defense is small but fast. They fly to the ball. Even when it looks like there might be a big play someone comes out of nowhere to make the tackle. This was a dominating win over a good Franklin County team.

Guess maybe some folks should have been prepping for Beechwood and not worrying about High....

"Man hard to believe it's already mid week. So much more to do. Long trip to Beechwood this week. Think my guys enjoy this underdog role. We were supposed to play Frankfort this week..... lol"

Guess maybe some folks should have been prepping for Beechwood and not worrying about High....

"Man hard to believe it's already mid week. So much more to do. Long trip to Beechwood this week. Think my guys enjoy this underdog role. We were supposed to play Frankfort this week..... ��lol"

:idunno:

"Man hard to believe it's already mid week. So much more to do. Long trip to Beechwood this week. Think my guys enjoy this underdog role. We were supposed to play Frankfort this week..... ��lol"

Completely lost me in every sentence?????

Next two weeks should be fun to see how they will compete against Covington Catholic and Holy Cross...

Covington Catholic is not a good matchup for Beechwood. I haven't looked closely at all their line but there is probably just too much size and strength. Beechwood's defensive line has played pretty well against some big teams. The offensive line is where the matchup questions are. Beechwood obviously wants to win but goal number one against Cov Cath is avoid injuries.

Holy Cross will be the real interesting game. After the Lloyd game I would have said Beechwood is the underdog versus Holy Cross. Now I think Beechwood is a slight favorite against Holy Cross.

Covington Catholic is not a good matchup for Beechwood. I haven't looked closely at all their line but there is probably just too much size and strength. Beechwood's defensive line has played pretty well against some big teams. The offensive line is where the matchup questions are. Beechwood obviously wants to win but goal number one against Cov Cath is avoid injuries.

Holy Cross will be the real interesting game. After the Lloyd game I would have said Beechwood is the underdog versus Holy Cross. Now I think Beechwood is a slight favorite against Holy Cross.

I really knew the beechwood defense would be good before the season started but they are ahead of where I figured they would be.... The offense is getting better everyday and I think after the next two weeks they will have a month where the jv/freshmen kids will get atleast the second half every game until they play New Cath. So that will be good for the Beechies to build depth..