West Carter 50 East Carter 0

16thBBall Fan

One of the strangest games I've ever listened to. East was down just 14-0 at the half dominated time of possession. East ran 31 plays to West 16 plays. In the 2nd half West scored 36 points on only one first down according to the radio guys. Very strange, but West truly dominated the game in the 2nd half went from 14-0 to 36-0 and a running clock in less than 5 minutes into the 3rd qt and sounded as if the Raiders just quit. Congrats to West and good luck to both teams the remainder of the season.

Speed kills. I had faith in my Raiders but West is too fast and we are slow.

If speed is equal in this one it's a different game but it's not, West is fast and you can't coach that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see West win their district again this year and making it as far as Belfry before what will happen to anyone in 3A.

Hoping we can get the consistency that West has with a coach, we've had 6 since Kevin was hired the HC. I do believe if they stick with Champlin that'll happen.

Good luck to West this season!

Speed kills. I had faith in my Raiders but West is too fast and we are slow.

If speed is equal in this one it's a different game but it's not, West is fast and you can't coach that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see West win their district again this year and making it as far as Belfry before what will happen to anyone in 3A.

Hoping we can get the consistency that West has with a coach, we've had 6 since Kevin was hired the HC. I do believe if they stick with Champlin that'll happen.

Good luck to West this season!

There are many differences in the two programs. East is a much larger school, but they most likely have more speed in the pep section than on the field. The skill players at West almost always run track. Football and track go hand in hand at West Carter, for the last decade or longer this has given an edge against the opponents that West should beat and made West very competitive against teams that usually put them on the losing side of a running clock. You can always get faster and stronger, but the kids got to buy into it.

Champlin may or may not stay at East he isn't from there, and to me that's important to the level of football that is played in Carter County. Everyone on West Carter's staff played football there. There is a slow moving shift in Olive Hill from what was in the old days from basketball to football being top dog. It's already is the most important sport to the kids and the community is finally coming around. In most years the make or break game of the season is the East/West game, although East still leads the series. West is now dominating the series as of late with lop sided victories.

East needs to drop out of district play. As long as Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer continue keep some of the better athletes away from football it's going to be a struggle against West not to mention playing 4A football.

West has speed and athletes coming up the pipeline, so I look for West to keep the Barrel for years to come!