Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fight at Crittenden Co

Featured Replies

I think the video is closed .

 

It is...some of there fans didn't like that video was being used against them on Facebook and clips supposedly being sent to the KHSAA...some went so far as sending some nasty messages to people on Facebook :lol2:

  • Replies 32
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing better than a good fight in high school unless it's the parents fighting.

 

I love seeing parents make fools out of themselves and proving the coach right.

Do like this at the end of the article. Looks like the police did the right thing to keep this situation from escalating...

 

"State police required Crittenden fans to remain seated when the game was finished while McLean's contingent exited the stadium. Teams forwent the customary post-game handshake and no further problem materialized".

So what did Crittenden County's PA announcer do to get muted in the guest half?

So what did Crittenden County's PA announcer do to get muted in the guest half?

 

I don't think anything.

Just didn't like the speakers then, huh?

 

I think it was to try and take the crowds out of it.

The refs lost control and were desperate to get it back from my understanding.

If he was like their basketball PA person, he was probably doing play by play over the PA which is a no-no

If he was like their basketball PA person, he was probably doing play by play over the PA which is a no-no

 

Sincere question, is that illegal? I have no idea who does the PA in either sports now, as I'd say it's been at least 12-14 years since I saw as basketball game there and at least 6 since I saw a home football game there.

I am not sure if there is a written rule against play by play PA in Ky. I am pretty sure there is a written rule against it in Ohio.

They have guidelines for basketball but not football.

 

I believe the PA announcer should be neutral. They have cheerleaders for a reason. I don't need the local-jokyl on the mic saying "Let's get behind that Rocket defense" or "Get on your feet and support the defense." That's not their job.

 

Tell me who ran the ball. How many yards they gained. What down it is and what yard line. And what the penalty is.

 

If the officials muted the PA announcer, which I've only heard of happening once at a football game, then I'm thinking he added other comments about the penalty flags.

They have guidelines for basketball but not football.

 

I believe the PA announcer should be neutral. They have cheerleaders for a reason. I don't need the local-jokyl on the mic saying "Let's get behind that Rocket defense" or "Get on your feet and support the defense." That's not their job.

 

Tell me who ran the ball. How many yards they gained. What down it is and what yard line. And what the penalty is.

 

If the officials muted the PA announcer, which I've only heard of happening once at a football game, then I'm thinking he added other comments about the penalty flags.

 

If he did I missed it when I watched the video of the 2nd half. And I've not heard anyone say that's why they went silent.

If he did I missed it when I watched the video of the 2nd half. And I've not heard anyone say that's why they went silent.

 

I think the story said he was muted in the 1st half.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.