Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Clears Players

Featured Replies

Wasn't this the case against James Harrison too?

Wasn't this the case against James Harrison too?

 

Yes, his name is in the title of the article posted.

James Harrison kept making this a bigger story than it ever even would have got to, by his whole fighting the nfl on meeting. He would have been cleared a month or two ago if he just met with them. I know the players, especially Harrison hate the commissioner. However they have to realize it is a business and this business has made them rich. Which it's the commissioners job to try to protect the business by protecting the integrity of the game. I know it sucks to be second guessed about your accomolishments. How ever if you know your innocent then don't fight it so much like he did. His comments and refusing to talk to them made the story stay a story, instead of being cleared earlier.

 

Which by the way I like Harrison. I enjoyed his one year in Cincinnati and wish he was still here rather than Pittsburgh.

James Harrison kept making this a bigger story than it ever even would have got to, by his whole fighting the nfl on meeting. He would have been cleared a month or two ago if he just met with them. I know the players, especially Harrison hate the commissioner. However they have to realize it is a business and this business has made them rich. Which it's the commissioners job to try to protect the business by protecting the integrity of the game. I know it sucks to be second guessed about your accomolishments. How ever if you know your innocent then don't fight it so much like he did. His comments and refusing to talk to them made the story stay a story, instead of being cleared earlier.

 

Which by the way I like Harrison. I enjoyed his one year in Cincinnati and wish he was still here rather than Pittsburgh.

Probably. However, the NFL made the announcement that they would be at the first day of training camp for all of those players and they never followed through. It lingered, in part, because of that. And as often as James is "randomly" tested, I'd probably be in the same camp.

Yes, his name is in the title of the article posted.

 

I totally skipped his name somehow. :lol2:

James Harrison kept making this a bigger story than it ever even would have got to, by his whole fighting the nfl on meeting. He would have been cleared a month or two ago if he just met with them. I know the players, especially Harrison hate the commissioner. However they have to realize it is a business and this business has made them rich. Which it's the commissioners job to try to protect the business by protecting the integrity of the game. I know it sucks to be second guessed about your accomolishments. How ever if you know your innocent then don't fight it so much like he did. His comments and refusing to talk to them made the story stay a story, instead of being cleared earlier.

 

Which by the way I like Harrison. I enjoyed his one year in Cincinnati and wish he was still here rather than Pittsburgh.

 

The NFLPA gave advice to all of them to not meet with the NFL also as they didn't want to set a precedent.

And what a bit of good news this is. I'm glad there was nothing to it for the sake of each of the players (including Payton Manning) and every NFL player who plays by the rules.

 

Accusations are too easy to make and they are believed just because they were expressed where someone else could hear them. How about some consequences for the false accusers? Perhaps a swift kick from each of the accused. Let Harrison go last.

The NFLPA gave advice to all of them to not meet with the NFL also as they didn't want to set a precedent.

 

I see both sides of it as this line of questioning wasn't really based upon much. It gave D. Smith and the players another opportunity to publicly cry foul. Which frankly, that gets tiresome and does the players no good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.