Madison Central 33 Paul Dunbar 7

nWo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC kicker Ryan Blake has to be loving it right now. I think he may have 15 extra points already this season(?). I'd think this would place him close to the top in extra points made. BTW...I think everyone of his kickoffs were into the endzone not allowing Dunbar any chance at a return.

Madison Central pretty much dominated from the kickoff in this one. The scoring went as follows:

1st half:

MC, Ricky Rhodes TD run.

MC, Isiah Kavanaugh 30 yd. TD reception from Chaz Hope.

3rd quarter:

Dunbar, TD run.

MC, Ricky Rhodes 80 TD run.

MC, field goal from Ryan Blake.

4th quarter:

MC, safety (Dunbar QB sacked in endzone).

MC, Keyshawn Simpson 99 yard fumble recovery for TD.

Dunbar had some good drives but lost 3 fumbles. Once MC got the lead Dunbar tried to throw and had minimal success. Dunbar needs Jarrell Green back in a big way, they still have a ton of tough games ahead. They don't have any game breakers without him. Dunbar's lines are big, but I wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought they played against MBA.

Madison Central's D played huge tonight. They made stops or forced turnovers when they had too. One last thing: if the teams in MC's district thought this would be a rebuiling year...........wrong.

MC kicker Ryan Blake has to be loving it right now. I think he may have 15 extra points already this season(?). I'd think this would place him close to the top in extra points made. BTW...I think everyone of his kickoffs were into the endzone not allowing Dunbar any chance at a return.

Ryan Blake is playing HUGE for the Indians right now. His extra points are automatic. He kicked a field goal tonight. His kick offs are a touchback nearly every time. This could turn out to be a big factor for the Indians.:thumb:

Ryan Blake is playing HUGE for the Indians right now. His extra points are automatic. He kicked a field goal tonight. His kick offs are a touchback nearly every time. This could turn out to be a big factor for the Indians.:thumb:
I have to agree with you.

Seems the rumors of the Indians' demise were grossly overrated. I know the rest of the district has to be hating how well Madison Central has played the first two weeks.

GRC has always had great respect for MC...always a battle between these two teams.

Congrats MC :thumb:

^you probably haven't seem them play yet. Wait and see what they'll do to their district IF they keep improving. If they aren't a Top 5 team than who is?

No, I haven't seen them play this year. But I have a pretty good idea of what they have coming back after seeing them twice last year. I have a hard time believing they are a better team this year than last, with all the superstars they had last year. I don't think they were ever ranked in the top 10 in 4A last year (but I could be wrong on that), so unless Class 4A in Ky has backslid tremendously this season, I have a hard time putting them in the top five.

This is the most athletic team they have ever had. Warford and Letcher may have been a little tougher, but they have a kid named Chavez Dean, who looks like he was made in a football factory. Also Hope is a year older, a year stronger, he has made great strides. The kicker is also really good, however he wears some very outlandish cleats. Also Kavanaugh and Simpson are real quick. If that is not enough, they have Ricky Rhodes who is the fastest guy on the team. Their line on both sides of the ball is much better this year too.,

This is the most athletic team they have ever had. Warford and Letcher may have been a little tougher, but they have a kid named Chavez Dean, who looks like he was made in a football factory. Also Hope is a year older, a year stronger, he has made great strides. The kicker is also really good, however he wears some very outlandish cleats. Also Kavanaugh and Simpson are real quick. If that is not enough, they have Ricky Rhodes who is the fastest guy on the team. Their line on both sides of the ball is much better this year too.,

MC coach himself has stated that current cast of Kavanaugh, Simpson, and Rhodes were very talented last year, but were playing behind three talented seniors. BTW...I wouldn't call the MC kicker's (Blake) cleats (soccer shoes) outlandish. They are royal blue (Nike Vapors) and match the MC all royal blue uniform. I would call them outlandish if the were a color that didn't match the uniform. In this case maybe a yellow, green or red?