Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guns and Self Defense: Infinity Wars

Featured Replies

Could be a slippery slope. I agree with the restricted access during an emergency. If your gun is stolen and used in a crime, should you be punished? If your spouse found out they had a horrible, debilitating, terminal disease and decided to end their life with your gun (even if you had it locked away and they found the key or combination), should you be punished? Just a few of the questions I'd have.

 

On a stolen gun, the gun owner will have very strong motivation to immediately report a stolen weapon. If you report your weapon stolen, it will absolve you from it being used in a crime pending an investigation of the crime to make sure the gun owner isn't trying to circumvent responsibility by reporting it stolen.

 

On your second scenario, if the gun owner can prove he responsibly secured his weapon and followed proper guidelines, he would not lose his gun ownership rights. He will have to prove it.

 

I am expanding your thoughts with the goal being every responsible, law abiding citizen can own a gun if they wish - and making it a severe penalty for any criminal or irresponsible person who does not value and protect their weapons.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a stolen gun, the gun owner will have very strong motivation to immediately report a stolen weapon. If you report your weapon stolen, it will absolve you from it being used in a crime pending an investigation of the crime to make sure the gun owner isn't trying to circumvent responsibility by reporting it stolen.

 

On your second scenario, if the gun owner can prove he responsibly secured his weapon and followed proper guidelines, he would not lose his gun ownership rights. He will have to prove it.

 

I am expanding your thoughts with the goal being every responsible, law abiding citizen can own a gun if they wish - and making it a severe penalty for any criminal or irresponsible person who does not value and protect their weapons.

 

I don't know if I can go as far as you are suggesting a lot of grey area.

 

But I could get behind if a gun owner sells or gives his gun to someone who couldn't buy a gun legally. If that person commits a crime with that gun then the person selling should receive equal punishment.

I don't know if I can go as far as you are suggesting a lot of grey area.

 

But I could get behind if a gun owner sells or gives his gun to someone who couldn't buy a gun legally. If that person commits a crime with that gun then the person selling should receive equal punishment.

 

I don't do background checks when I sell or trade with other residents of Kentucky. I ask if they are residents and if they are legally allowed to purchase a weapon in the State of Kentucky. Generally I and the buyer are both CCW license holders, so they have passed a background check. I do what the law requires. If they are not license holders, and commit a crime, Why should I be held liable?

I don't do background checks when I sell or trade with other residents of Kentucky. I ask if they are residents and if they are legally allowed to purchase a weapon in the State of Kentucky. Generally I and the buyer are both CCW license holders, so they have passed a background check. I do what the law requires. If they are not license holders, and commit a crime, Why should I be held liable?

 

I said only if the person wasn't legally allowed to buy a gun.

I said only if the person wasn't legally allowed to buy a gun.

And I said "I don't do background checks". I ask if they are legally allowed to own a firearm in the state of Kentucky. That is the best I can do and all I am required to do. If they lie, I also do not do lie detector tests.

And I said "I don't do background checks". I ask if they are legally allowed to own a firearm in the state of Kentucky. That is the best I can do and all I am required to do. If they lie, I also do not do lie detector tests.

 

And there's the rub.

And there's the rub.

 

Yeah, all CCW license holders, or anyone who legally sells a weapon should be forced to obtain additional licensing and purchase necessary equipment to become Certified Lie Detection Technologists. Probably should get training in sketch artistry as well, so we can accurately depict the buyers.

And there's the rub.

 

You're from Maryland right?

You're from Maryland right?

 

Originally. Have been here since the 70s.

  • Author

No wonder so many bad people can get a gun.

No wonder so many bad people can get a gun.

 

Yep. All they have to do is say they're good people.

No wonder so many bad people can get a gun.

 

And trucks, axes and planes.

  • Author
And trucks, axes and planes.

 

More than terrorists kill.

Agreed, we need criminal control in this country.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.