Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Channel & Red Zone no longer on Dish Network

Featured Replies

For people with Dish. Have you noticed that Dish has lost the NFL channel and Red Zone? It says that their contract has expired. I know a person who works at our local cable office and they told me it is very expensive. They better get a deal by August, or they lost a subscriber.

  • Author

I guess noboby but me cares that Dish Network is not carrying the channel anymore.

I guess noboby but me cares that Dish Network is not carrying the channel anymore.
It's still June Boss. Mid August I'll be upset if it isn't there.

 

I don't watch the "Top 10 Plays With an Ingrown Toenail" shows, so I'm not missing anything.

NFL Network has never been in as many homes as the league envisioned when launching the network in 2003. Tonight, it’s in even fewer.

 

The NFL has announced the Dish Network dropped NFLN and NFL RedZone at 7:00 p.m. ET on Thursday.

 

“This represents the first time in NFL Network’s 13-year history that one of its service providers has not continued to offer the network to its subscribers,” the league declares in the statement announcing the development. Dish Network would likely say that this represents one of the rare instances where someone has said to the NFL, “We’re not paying what you want.”

 

Indeed, unrealistic financial expectations have contributed to slower-than-expected proliferation of NFLN. With Dish Network pulling the plug, the league-owned broadcast operation is available in 60 million homes.

 

“As the only network 100% dedicated to coverage of America’s most popular sports league, NFL Network is committed to serving the millions of NFL fans by reaching fair distribution agreements with the pay-TV industry,” the league asserts, opting for a somewhat derisive reference to cable/satellite TV providers.

The NFL also has set up a web page with a message suggesting that the outage may not be a short-term arrangement.

 

“To avoid missing key NFL action, DISH subscribers should find a provider that carries NFL Network and NFL RedZone now — and the good news is there are plenty of choices,” the league explains. “NFL Network and NFL RedZone are available on XFINITY, Verizon FiOS, Spectrum, and Time Warner Cable. NFL Network also is available on DIRECTV, along with the chance to watch every out-of-market Sunday game live through NFL Sunday Ticket.”

 

Battles between content providers and cable/satellite companies aren’t uncommon. But since this is the first one the NFL has waged with a company that previously was carrying NFL Network, it’ll be interesting to see how the league handles the situation.

 

Dish Network ditches NFL Network and NFL RedZone | ProFootballTalk

I guess noboby but me cares that Dish Network is not carrying the channel anymore.

 

The early returns look like you are going to have to switch providers.

I guess noboby but me cares that Dish Network is not carrying the channel anymore.

 

I've had DirectV for 16 years. Looked at getting Dish back then, and Direct TV had the better deal. I'm too invested in the DTV system to even consider DISH now.

I've had DirectV for 16 years. Looked at getting Dish back then, and Direct TV had the better deal. I'm too invested in the DTV system to even consider DISH now.

That's how I feel as well. It's a great service, but it comes at a cost. Not worth the trouble of switching to get it a little cheaper for a year.

 

Hopefully Dish gets Red Zone back for you guys. That's a must have during football season. I could do without the NFL Network.

It's business folks. A contract end and one party wants more money and the other party doesn't want to pay that much. In NFL terms, a player wants more money and he holds out of training camp. It's June. No reason to lose sleep over it.

As for the Dish vs Direct question. Direct does not offer the local channels in my area. So I pretty much have to stay with Dish.

As for the RedZone, I don't pay the $11 a month for that package during the off-season so I don't know it's not there lol.

As for the Dish vs Direct question. Direct does not offer the local channels in my area. So I pretty much have to stay with Dish.
I just checked again. I'm 30 minutes from Bowling Green and I would have to have Louisville locals.

I just got Directv a few months ago and they threw in Sunday ticket. I'm so excited for this football season.

RedZone would be a dealbreaker for me. If the Bengals aren't playing it is all RedZone all the time.

  • Author

I am sure my bill will reflect the change.

RedZone would be a dealbreaker for me. If the Bengals aren't playing it is all RedZone all the time.

 

The only way to watch Sunday Football if YOUR team isn't playing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.