Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubs trying to land Mike Trout?

Featured Replies

You're getting the best player in the game, they can afford to part with Schwarber.

 

Otherwise they'd have to deplete their farm system to get him.

 

I would just hate to see Schwarber leave the Cubs and the National League. Wish the Reds had the talent to package something for him. I think the Angels would pull the trigger for just Soler and farm system talent

  • Author
We need bullpen help badly and we'd likely have to give up Soler, Scwarber, Baez and some top prospects....I don't think I want to sacrifice the future but if it got us a World Series this year, I'd gladly go 0-162 for a few years.

 

Cubs just signed Joe Nathan and then sent him straight to the 60 day DL.

I would just hate to see Schwarber leave the Cubs and the National League. Wish the Reds had the talent to package something for him. I think the Angels would pull the trigger for just Soler and farm system talent

 

It would take the Cubs entire system if that was the case. Schwarber would be much more attractive than Soler.

I would just hate to see Schwarber leave the Cubs and the National League. Wish the Reds had the talent to package something for him. I think the Angels would pull the trigger for just Soler and farm system talent

 

This is JMO, but Soler isn't a MLB caliber player right now. Striking out close to a third of the time right now. He's got a ways to go. I'd rather have a number of other Cubs prospects over him.

 

In close to 600 MLB at bats he's barely more valuable than a replacement level player. He's under team control for a few less years than any minor leaguers as well.

Agree with your point, but you're over-valuing their prospects a bit. They don't have a top 20 prospect according to either Baseball America or MLB Pipeline.

 

Torres is their top one according to BA @ #41 overall, and #25 according to MLB Pipeline.

 

True, I just looked and saw that. The rankings I last saw were at the end of last season and then again before spring training and a lot of the guys were ranked much higher. Contreras for one was at one point ranked much higher and at the time was top 15.

Soler sucks.

 

I agree, I've not disliked a Cub this much since Corey Patterson and Latroy Hawkins

Soler sucks.

 

Cardinals beg to differ. He almost single handedly won that series last year and had a crazy post season at the dish. Now he has certainly struggled this season, and did at times last season as well. BUT, the talents there, he just has to put it all together. He's still young, only 23-24 years old I think, so he has time to be a great player. We've seen glimpses of what he's capable of, now he just has to get consistent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.