Best Sidekicks

Who is the best wingman in the last 25 years?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best wingman in the last 25 years?

• Michael Jordan
    • Kobe Bryant
    • Dwyane Wade
    • Tim Duncan

Scottie Pippen is the GOAT of sidekicks. If Kobe is considered a sidekick for his 3 years of sidekick action then Kobe is the GOAT of sidekicks. I don't consider Kobe a sidekick though. Not for just those 3-5 years. Scottie was a sidekick his whole career except for the year and a half MJ was suspended.

I don't understand your poll?

Those are the players who never could get it done without the help of a superstar. Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, Wade had Shaq and LeBron, Duncan has had Parker and Manu almost his entire career. These are the guys that are Hall of Famers alone, but with the help of Pippen/Shaq/Bron types, cemented their legacy as all-time great #2s .

Those are the players who never could get it done without the help of a superstar. Jordan had Pippen' date=' Kobe had Shaq, Wade had Shaq and LeBron, Duncan has had Parker and Manu almost his entire career. These are the guys that are Hall of Famers alone, but with the help of Pippen/Shaq/Bron types, cemented their legacy as all-time great #2s .

Pippen would be a sidekick. Not MJ.

Aside from 33? Magic and Larry on the Dream Team, James Worthy at UNC, and Jerry Stackhouse in Washington.

I think you have a COMPLETELY different definition of "sidekick" than the rest of us.

The Dream Team was winning the gold if they showed up drunk so that's a bad example.

And what did Washington win with MJ and Stackhouse?

I have never considered Pippen, Parker, or Manu superstar players. Really good, but always on the tail end of top 10 players for any given season, at best.

You're right, I should have swapped Duncan for Steph, but I didn't want to include any players still alive in the playoffs.

I think you have a COMPLETELY different definition of "sidekick" than the rest of us.

The Dream Team was winning the gold if they showed up drunk so that's a bad example.

Lottery picks? I don't know. I was spending my time on the West Coast when Michael made that mistake.

The Dream Team won the gold and they showed up drunk, so that's a bad example.

Fixed that for you!