Place and Show at Preakness?

Dang, if Nyquist runs forth I'm rich. :taz:

But Nyquist was not going to fall out of the money. You had to keep him in the mix.

His knock going into the Derby was that he was breed as a speedster and the length could have been a challenge. But his strength did show its limits today. The mud got to him while it did not bother Exaggerator as much.

I think the Belmont favorite has to be Exaggerator. Nyquist could fall out of the money there - rain or shine.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Nyquist was not going to fall out of the money. You had to keep him in the mix.

His knock going into the Derby was that he was breed as a speedster and the length could have been a challenge. But his strength did show its limits today. The mud got to him while it did not bother Exaggerator as much.

I think the Belmont favorite has to be Exaggerator. Nyquist could fall out of the money there - rain or shine.

IMO there were several reasons that lost this race for Nyquist. Listening to the owner, trainer and jockey before the race, they were over confident, to say the least. I think the jockey was so confident in Nyquist that he could go gate to wire. After all, he beat his biggest threat four times previously and the rest of the field was unimpressive to say the least. The mud may have been a difference maker, but, who knows?

The jockeys in this race was monumental in the out come of this race. Nyquist in a speed dual running wide all the way around didn't help. KD had exaggerator hugging the rail and closer to the front runners than in previous races. The best horse in the race ran third, and the smartest jockey in the race was the winner. KD knows Pimlico like the back of his hand.