Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Men (Politicians) and Their Stupid Comments About Rape Just Keep Continuing

Featured Replies

Edit.

I get why colleges want to keep cases of rape quiet. I don't like it but I get it. If word gets out that a number of women have been raped at XYZ college, women and their parents are going to think twice about going there. What I don't understand (and have brought up in other threads) is WHY the colleges are supposed to police the situation. They are not equipped to do so...that is what the police are for. If a women is raped at a large company, that company is not expected to police the matter, it is referred to the police for criminal charges.

 

If that were the case, then no college or university would have its own police force. Good, bad or otherwise, campuses are often their own cities unto themselves, and need the extra attention the city/county LEOs may not be able to provide.

So why are these colleges, which are overwhelmingly liberal, not doing more? They seem more interested in dollars than protecting women. Hmmmmm. I'd be more concerned about that but I've always been more interested in actions than in words, but that's just me.

 

Are we saying most rapes in college are committed by liberals? Lol. I'm just kidding but I'd love to see the data. " Hey man its not rape, Bernie said it was free."

A company and a college campus are in no way similar.

 

The police should handle the situation but the college has to have responsibility to protect the students including warning of incidents that happen. They are equipped for that, at least they should be.

That's where they fall short. As stated earlier they don't want to hurt their reputation or impact enrollment.

 

If a Rape happens in a company owned parking garage that company will add security, cameras, lights and alert everyone in the building...colleges seem to put their heads in the sand and hope it doesn't happen again. Look at the mess at UT, they've been hiding stuff like this for a decade and even worse it seems some of the known assaults that were reported were committed by athletes...and were just swept under the rug by administrators.

Keep in mind, that this thread was started to bring attention to the Mayor of the Philippines, because we should all care about what he thinks..... It took me a few days to see this thread, due in part to my spam blocker being activated and it recognizing SF's posts for what they are.

  • Author
Keep in mind, that this thread was started to bring attention to the Mayor of the Philippines, because we should all care about what he thinks..... It took me a few days to see this thread, due in part to my spam blocker being activated and it recognizing SF's posts for what they are.

 

And, in your opinion, what would that be, Hog?

And, in your opinion, what would that be, Hog?

 

Finely written, intellectually charged poetry expressing well thought out and fundamentally sound opinions. I guess my spam blocker needs to be tuned.

  • Author
Finely written, intellectually charged poetry expressing well thought out and fundamentally sound opinions. I guess my spam blocker needs to be tuned.

 

 

I'm not on here to be Descartes, Socrates, or Shakespeare. I'm Mr Academia at work five days a week. I'm on here to be entertained by folks like you and to be provocative. BGP is all about fun for me. Thanks for playing along and keeping me happy.

While there isn't really a need for you to explicitly distinguish yourself from Descartes, Socrates or Shakespeare (you do that enough indirectly through your posts), I do appreciate that I am able to bring a brief moment of happiness and entertainment to your day. I believe that a life isn't measured by what you do for yourself, but what you do for others, and if I am able to make you happy then I feel as if I am on the right path!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.