Courier-Journal Preview

BuddyBW

I thought it was very interesting to note that four out of the five top ranked

4A preseason teams are from the same district..... There is SEC football and then there is OVC football.....

The only difference is the OVC champ doen't beat the SEC champ in the Finals, or "Last game".:cool:

Overall I'd give the CJ's effort a D. I have no problem with the rankings, however the more I read about Male the more I think they may be the team to beat in 4A. I thought it was interesting to read Red cry that Trinity and X can get everyone and anyone they want.:cry: I wonder how many coachs around Jefferson County have felt the same way about Bobby's Bulldogs over the years.

I also wonder what Bob White's agenda is? In the section about Trinity under the heading of "bad news" he writes that "the Shamrocks must rebuild team chemistry". Wow, I thought the Rocks were riding high from that great experience of coming together and winning the title against all odds. What is this guys point? You know Bob, some good advice might be, if you don't have anything to write don't make it up.

The only difference is the OVC champ doen't beat the SEC champ in the Finals, or "Last game".:cool:

This is a clear case of hitting the nail on the head. You guys keep serving them up, we will keep hitting them out of the park.:lol:

I also wonder what Bob White's agenda is? In the section about Trinity under the heading of "bad news" he writes that "the Shamrocks must rebuild team chemistry". Wow, I thought the Rocks were riding high from that great experience of coming together and winning the title against all odds. What is this guys point? You know Bob, some good advice might be, if you don't have anything to write don't make it up.

Aw, quit crying. :cry: It's not like Bob White needs the endorsement of a Mr. LSURock on BGP. :rolleyes: He is a Louisville HS sportswriting legend. If the worst bad news facing the Rocks is that they have to rebuild some team chemistry after losing over 50% of their starters from an overachieving team, they have a pretty good outlook this year. :bunny:

Overall I'd give the CJ's effort a D. I have no problem with the rankings, however the more I read about Male the more I think they may be the team to beat in 4A. I thought it was interesting to read Red cry that Trinity and X can get everyone and anyone they want.:cry: I wonder how many coachs around Jefferson County have felt the same way about Bobby's Bulldogs over the years.

LSU, why do you give the CJ a D? I thought it was a pretty good preview this year with some nice articles. I don't think White has an agenda. If I recall, there were some issues late in the season/early offseason regarding some players and the way certain items were handled. From what I gather, it caused some parents to get upset about treatment of certain players. It's no secret that some Trinity people aren't happy with the way some things have been handled.

Centre, for those of us that can't get the CJ in print to find page 8, what were the interesting quotes from Anderson?

If I recall, there were some issues late in the season/early offseason regarding some players and the way certain items were handled. From what I gather, it caused some parents to get upset about treatment of certain players. It's no secret that some Trinity people aren't happy with the way some things have been handled.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about.

"They can get whoever they want and as many as they want, and the rest of us are limited," Redman said.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Poor old Red. It sounds like he is having trouble finding his athletes. What a shame. I'm wondering what limitation Male has handed him. None of the other Jefferson Co. schools have this limitation.

Centre, for those of us that can't get the CJ in print to find page 8, what were the interesting quotes from Anderson?

I think these are my favorite Anderson lines:

How would you defend yourself?

Anderson: To defend myself, I would run.

:laugh:

Is football your best sport?

Anderson: Baseball. Coming to St. X, I was a big-time baseball player; I was just a receiver in grade school (football). But I was a good center fielder in baseball and will play baseball this year.

Cats or Cards?

Anderson: Neither. North Carolina. … I would go to North Carolina, and I know they're not that good at football but I'm sticking with them.

"They can get whoever they want and as many as they want, and the rest of us are limited," Redman said.

Along with many posters on this thread, this was the quote in the CJ that flummoxed me. Does anyone understand what he was implying? If, indeed, "They can get whoever they want and as many as they want, and the rest of us are limited," wouldn't X or T have wanted and gotten, just since 1998:

MONTRELL JONES, GERRY AHRENS

MARCUS GREEN, GARNER BYARS

TODD FLANNERY, KELLEN BARNES

CHRIS BARCLAY, DOUGLAS BEAUMONT

RYAN BLACKERBY, CASEY SHUMATE

TODD FLANNERY, MICHAEL BUSH

SERGIO SPENCER

Also, wouldn't X have wanted or gotten a football stadium by now?

Aw, quit crying. :cry: It's not like Bob White needs the endorsement of a Mr. LSURock on BGP. :rolleyes: He is a Louisville HS sportswriting legend. If the worst bad news facing the Rocks is that they have to rebuild some team chemistry after losing over 50% of their starters from an overachieving team, they have a pretty good outlook this year. :bunny:

Not crying, just asking. If you want crying see poor ole Red's comments. The fact is most years Trinity replaces many more starters than this year. This year would be "good news" not "bad news". Another fact is under the current coach the Rocks have been the defending champion more often than not. Once again, thats good news. I don't get what he is getting at and neither do you. Seems to me he just tossed out that bomb with little or no explanation. Legend or not, thats poor journalism.