Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

50 Most Valuable College Basketball Programs

Featured Replies

When this came up before wasn't it mentioned that schools did their calculations different ways and that some report sponsorship money for instance, in just one sport and don't break it down across all sports.

Minnesota at No. 16 is interesting. That school has a really devoted following even though that program has never been much historically (and when it was we found out about the shenanigans that Haskins was up to).

When this came up before wasn't it mentioned that schools did their calculations different ways and that some report sponsorship money for instance, in just one sport and don't break it down across all sports.

 

I feel like I remember that Louisville was allocating some massive portion of its revenues from merchandising to basketball. I don't remember what the difference was between how Louisville did it vs. how other did, but there was something there that hopefully someone else can remember.

I've also said it before and I'll say it again, if UofL's athletic programs are so valuable, then why are they still taking an athletics surcharge from every student?

 

Ugh.

 

The way that place is operated is absolutely infuriating.

I feel like I remember that Louisville was allocating some massive portion of its revenues from merchandising to basketball. I don't remember what the difference was between how Louisville did it vs. how other did, but there was something there that hopefully someone else can remember.
That seems to be it.
I've also said it before and I'll say it again, if UofL's athletic programs are so valuable, then why are they still taking an athletics surcharge from every student?

 

Ugh.

 

The way that place is operated is absolutely infuriating.

I know you support major changes at UofL...I think just as Ramsey needs to go, it would seem some of or most of the board which has allowed the mismanagement to happen would need to be sent packing also.

I know you support major changes at UofL...I think just as Ramsey needs to go, it would seem some of or most of the board which has allowed the mismanagement to happen would need to be sent packing also.

 

Unfortunately the man who appoints new board members is the governor. I don't believe he'll do any better. We don't need political and business cronies on the board but we don't need slash-and-burn revenue mercenaries either. We'll just have to see where things go from here.

Unfortunately the man who appoints new board members is the governor. I don't believe he'll do any better. We don't need political and business cronies on the board but we don't need slash-and-burn revenue mercenaries either. We'll just have to see where things go from here.
Maybe the new Governor will try some folks from a different party :)
I've also said it before and I'll say it again, if UofL's athletic programs are so valuable, then why are they still taking an athletics surcharge from every student?

 

Ugh.

 

The way that place is operated is absolutely infuriating.

 

Preach on. Make sure they guy that gave me the thumbs down hears ya.

X and Dayton on the list and UC not??? Wow!

X and Dayton on the list and UC not??? Wow!

 

Tends to happen when you don't spend a dime over operating costs on the basketball program in roughly 20 years. Old arena, worst locker rooms in the country, practice facility is just a gym in the basement. I could go on...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.