Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6th and 7th Merry-Go-Round

Featured Replies

Looks like the transfer merry-go-round is getting cranked up in the Louisville area.

 

Have heard about a move from Eastern to Fern Creek (pretty reliable source) and a move from Ballard to Fern Creek. The first one I think happens, the other is talk among kids my son works out with who go to both schools. Both would be seniors next year.

 

I am sure more are lurking in the wings, its always interesting over the summer.

Edited by Realreason
title incorrect

  • Author

FIGURED IT OUT:ylsuper:

 

Should be "GO" in title:ohbrother:

 

Don't know how to change it:isurrender:

Edited by Realreason
Stupidity lol

Looks like the transfer merry-go-round is getting cranked up in the Louisville area.

 

Have heard about a move from Eastern to Fern Creek (pretty reliable source) and a move from Ballard to Fern Creek. The first one I think happens, the other is talk among kids my son works out with who go to both schools. Both would be seniors next year.

 

I am sure more are lurking in the wings, its always interesting over the summer.

 

This is a message board. No point in being cryptic about it. Just say the names.

Open enrollment and the "merry-go-round" of transfers in jefferson county is KILLING the city's basketball talent. If I'm a 13 or 14 year old 8th grader being "recruited" by high school coaches and being told how great I am, what is my motivation for improvement. These kids are told what they want to hear in order to convince them to come to a school and then expected to be motivated to improve??? The effects of this are countless. Kids plateau, jefferson county produces very few D1 players compared to its population, Indiana All-star team dominates kentucky all-star team, kids that actually do play in college are not able to receive criticism and end up returning to the city... It's a big problem that I don't see going away any time soon. "Free choice" of school was intended to give students the ability to choose the education they receive but parents and coaches are taking advantage of this and creating a monster.

And unfortunate that some are being coached in high school by guys that are really good cheerleaders and not good coaches. Kids don't develop without proper coaching

And unfortunate that some are being coached in high school by guys that are really good cheerleaders and not good coaches. Kids don't develop without proper coaching

 

 

I DO NOT MEAN THIS TO BE A BLANKED STATEMENT TO ALL LOUISVILLE COACHES WITH AAU TIES. SOME ARE VERY GOOD HIGH SCHOOL COACHES.

 

This is the big thing coaches are being hired for their AAU ties and not their experience. Or even just guys who can get player XYZ in to the school. Until JCPS/KHSAA stop kids and parents from going to schools because of basketball then leaving when things don't go their way it will not change.

I've said this before on here and no one seems to hear it. JCPS basketball has become an aau system. Not much professionalism at all anymore. It started when they took away the restriction of having to be a teacher to be a head coach. If your not willing to seek transfers or take transfers you are not going to win. I would be willing to bet that most coaches who do this are miserable. Promises that cant be kept lead to transfers.

These topics are always comical. Coaches log in under their "anonymous" screen names and then blame AAU for their kids leaving. There are just as many terrible school coaches as there are in AAU. If a kid has an opportunity to shine somewhere else, he should be allowed to.

  • Author

Eastern to Fern Creek is Chance Moore

 

The other one is more questionable I would think. Is Jamil Wilson Ballard to Fern Creek. Like I said, this one comes from the kids my son works out with that go to those schools. Don't know if he is thinking about leaving or just maybe reacted to the Sloan news and made some statements. I guess with we shall find out if there is any truth or not pretty soon.

 

As far as the students transferring, I don't really have a problem with it. I think some flags can be raised if I was recruiting at the next level and I saw a kid move around looking to play with better players or to get noticed more by just moving. Truth is, there are legitimate reasons for moving schools (bad coaching(not, don't like the coach), bad academics, level of competition, not challenged in practice and improving) but outside of those excuses I sort of feel the same way about it as I do Pro players getting drafted and not playing for the team that drafts them. If you are as good as you say you are, or have been told you are, then do the work and make the team you are on better. Stop looking for "better" players to play with and "greener" pastures and prove how good you really are by making your team better and other players better As the old saying goes, "a rising tide lifts all boats", great players make teams better and other players better........not search out the best place to play and people to play with (unfortunately a horrible trait handed down from the recent NBA years). Most of the kids we are talking about aren't moving because they are playing with kids that can't play. My feeling is, once searching, always searching and never content. That's not good for any HS or college programs and usually never works out for those that are consistently searching for the "better" place.

 

Just my thoughts:idunno:

I don't know about Chance. But Jamil Wilson isn't going anywhere. Pretty sure my source is better than yours.

  • Author
I don't know about Chance. But Jamil Wilson isn't going anywhere. Pretty sure my source is better than yours.

 

Like I said, sounded more like kids talking and don't put much stock in it myself. That is why I was reluctant to name him. But by doing so, it puts rumor to rest too.

 

Chance, we'll just wait and see, that source is very close to the situation.

Jamils dad played at Ballard- can't see a move forthcoming. Sloan and Wilson are a scary good combination!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.