Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Spring Practice

Featured Replies

Just curious to see what other schools are doing for spring practice. Please list their dates and a short description of what each school will do, including if they will have a spring game or not.

 

Mercer County: (3/21- 3/31). We will go 9 days, Monday-Friday, this week and Monday-Thursday the following week.We try to get done ASAP so our guys can get back to track, and get as many live reps as possible with as much time to heal up before the fall. We will do a blue-red game on March 31st. We start spring break on 4/1. We will have around 30 guys a day.

Just curious to see what other schools are doing for spring practice. Please list their dates and a short description of what each school will do, including if they will have a spring game or not.

 

Mercer County: (3/21- 3/31). We will go 9 days, Monday-Friday, this week and Monday-Thursday the following week.We try to get done ASAP so our guys can get back to track, and get as many live reps as possible with as much time to heal up before the fall. We will do a blue-red game on March 31st. We start spring break on 4/1. We will have around 30 guys a day.

 

Coach would you be in favor of allowing teams to have a spring game vs another school?

  • Author
Coach would you be in favor of allowing teams to have a spring game vs another school?

 

Yes. I wish we could do that. But, I also don't want to mess up spring sports. This is a time for kids to enjoy multiple sports. I can see both sides of it.

Yes. I wish we could do that. But, I also don't want to mess up spring sports. This is a time for kids to enjoy multiple sports. I can see both sides of it.

I would love to see two weeks of spring practice with the session ending with a group of schools meeting at one location to play a game against another school, similar to a grid situation. In addition, I would like to see an official workshop to run simultaneously and culminate with the officials officiating a group of games at one of the aforementioned locations to allow them to educate the coaches and players on the points of infancies for the upcoming season. I'm pretty sure the state of Florida still does this and it allows the teams to get work in, allows the players to enjoy spring practice a little more, and allows the officials to get some work in as well.

Tennessee does this also. In fact most of the Southern states do.

Tennessee does this also. In fact most of the Southern states do.

 

I wish like no other that we did this. But, nope. Let's...just...practice...some...more.

I wonder why Kentucky hasn't bought in on this? I guess we'll always lag behind.

we are so smart, we gave up our June so basketball could have it… what a trade now we have 2 weeks to do 7 on 7 in July at the same time we practice.. Had to assist all the 5'9" guys who think they are going to play ball for Cal at UK. We are a basketball state u know.. KY will never do a spring game, we will be lucky if we still allowed to play games in August much less the spring..

  • Author

Mercer County Titans:

 

We will play our Blue-Red game on Wednesday, 3/30. Hope to start around 3:45 pm. It is at the old field.

 

We have been able to get a lot done. It has been very productive for us.

 

If you can make it to our game, would be great to have you.

 

Coach Buchanan

Tennessee does this also. In fact most of the Southern states do.

 

We did this in Florida. It was called the Spring Jamboree. We played 2 halves aganst two other teams in a little round robin tournament.

I would love to see two weeks of spring practice with the session ending with a group of schools meeting at one location to play a game against another school, similar to a grid situation. In addition, I would like to see an official workshop to run simultaneously and culminate with the officials officiating a group of games at one of the aforementioned locations to allow them to educate the coaches and players on the points of infancies for the upcoming season. I'm pretty sure the state of Florida still does this and it allows the teams to get work in, allows the players to enjoy spring practice a little more, and allows the officials to get some work in as well.

 

Would be a nice reward for kids who put in the practice time. With the current system, unless you play an intersquad (and even if you do), you basically just practice for a few days and then stop. A end of camp scrimmage or grid would seem like a fun way to wrap it up.

SK had their first spring practice today beginning of a great year.

I would love to see two weeks of spring practice with the session ending with a group of schools meeting at one location to play a game against another school, similar to a grid situation. In addition, I would like to see an official workshop to run simultaneously and culminate with the officials officiating a group of games at one of the aforementioned locations to allow them to educate the coaches and players on the points of infancies for the upcoming season. I'm pretty sure the state of Florida still does this and it allows the teams to get work in, allows the players to enjoy spring practice a little more, and allows the officials to get some work in as well.

As bad as I hate to admit it you're pretty smart, :sssh:. Seems that you're a Raceland guy or something and know football ;). I guess all that yelling at you guys from us old farts on the "fence crew" didn't do too much damage, uh :lol: ? After all, we let you guys know when you played good as well.

All joking aside Ram, those are some very good ideas, I agree and can certainly see where all involved would benefit from it.

Edited by oldrambler

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.