Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Coaching Carousel

Featured Replies

Who does Memphis go after? Would Gregg Marshall or Archie Miller leave programs they took to a new level for Memphis?

  • Replies 187
  • Views 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who does Memphis go after? Would Gregg Marshall or Archie Miller leave programs they took to a new level for Memphis?

 

A lot of people in Memphis are happy about this. Penny Hardaway has been in the discussion for a while. I wouldn't rule him out.

A lot of people in Memphis are happy about this. Penny Hardaway has been in the discussion for a while. I wouldn't rule him out.

 

They got rid of one mistake. They better try to hire a coach instead of a name.

How about Bruce Pearl to Memphis?

How about Bruce Pearl to Memphis?

 

That would a homerun hire.

They got rid of one mistake. They better try to hire a coach instead of a name.

 

Penny is a successful coach, but not yet at the college level. I agree that it would be best to get an established high level coach, but I am afraid the Memphis AD is sleeping at the wheel and the opportunities have declined.

Penny is a successful coach, but not yet at the college level. I agree that it would be best to get an established high level coach, but I am afraid the Memphis AD is sleeping at the wheel and the opportunities have declined.

 

Winning at the D1 level is much different than winning wherever he coaches at currently. I'm not saying he can't do it, but I would feel more comfortable hiring a coach with D1 experience if it were my program.

  • Author
How about Bruce Pearl to Memphis?

 

I doubt he'd leave Auburn this quickly, at least not for a job like Memphis. He'd be an outstanding get.

 

Regardless of who they hire, it's going to be a vast improvement.

I doubt he'd leave Auburn this quickly, at least not for a job like Memphis. He'd be an outstanding get.

 

Regardless of who they hire, it's going to be a vast improvement.

 

This.

Winning at the D1 level is much different than winning wherever he coaches at currently. I'm not saying he can't do it, but I would feel more comfortable hiring a coach with D1 experience if it were my program.

 

I agree with you. Best case would be a proven winner who can tap into the local market and still bring in national recruits. It's a tall order though.

I doubt he'd leave Auburn this quickly, at least not for a job like Memphis. He'd be an outstanding get.

 

Regardless of who they hire, it's going to be a vast improvement.

 

He should. Auburn will always be a football school. He wouldn't have to compete against Kentucky. Memphis has plenty of money, he could dominate the conference every year, and make the NCAA tournament. It would be a no brainer for me if Memphis were interested.

Tubby is being mentioned at Memphis.

NJIT has hired Brian Kennedy

Open:

 

- Columbia - Filled: Jim Engles

- UTSA - Filled: Steve Henson

- Saint Louis - Filled: Travis Ford

- Drexel - Filled: Zach Spiker

- UNLV - Filled: Chris Beard

- Western Kentucky - Filled: Rick Stansbury

- Central Florida - Filled: Johnny Dawkins

- Rutgers: Filled: Steve Pikiell

- Denver - Filled: Rodney Billups

- San Francisco - Filled: Kyle Smith

- Wyoming - Filled: Allen Edwards

- Arkansas State- Filled: Grant McCasland

- Santa Clara: Filled: Herb Sendek

- Southern Utah - Filled: Todd Simon

- Army - Filled: Jimmy Allen

- TCU - Filled: Jamie Dixon

- James Madison - Filled: Louis Rowe

- Rio Grande Valley - Filled: Lew Hill

- Oklahoma State - Filled: Brad Underwood

- Tulane - Filled: Mike Dunleavy, Sr.

- Stanford - Filled: Jerod Haase

- Pacific - Filled: Damon Stoudamire

- Central Connecticut State - Filled: Donyell Marshall

- Stephen F. Austin - Filled: Kyle Keller

- UAB - Filled: Rob Ehsan

- Pittsburgh - Filled: Kevin Stallings

- Vanderbilt - Filled: Bryce Drew

- Milwaukee - Filled: Lavall Jordan

- Jacksonville State - Filled: Ray Harper

- Cornell

- Wright State

- Delaware

- Arkansas-Little Rock

- Stony Brook - Filled: Jeff Boals

- Dartmouth

- Valparaiso - Filled: Matt Lottich

- South Dakota State

- Portland

- Georgia Tech - Filled: Josh Pastner

- NJIT - Filled: Brian Kennedy

- Kentucky State

- Memphis

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.