Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vikes, Bucs interested in Andre Smith

Featured Replies

Smith has spent his entire career with the Bengals since they made him the sixth overall pick of the 2009 draft, so Vikings coach Mike Zimmer is familiar with Smith’s game from the time he spent running the defense in Cincinnati. The Vikings reworked right tackle Phil Loadholt’s contract, but they’ve made upgrading their offensive line a priority this offseason — they signed guard Alex Boone Wednesday — and may find Smith provides one over a player coming off an Achilles tear.

 

The Vikings aren’t the only team with Smith on their radar, however. Wolfson adds that the Buccaneers are also showing interest in Smith, who worked against current Bucs defensive line coach Jay Hayes’ charges in practice when Hayes held the same job with the Bengals.

 

Vikings expected to visit with Andre Smith | ProFootballTalk

I'm not breaking the bank for Smith. I'd take him back at a 'fair' price. I don't think he's healthy enough or dominant enough to compare him to an elite tackle.

  • Author
I'm not breaking the bank for Smith. I'd take him back at a 'fair' price. I don't think he's healthy enough or dominant enough to compare him to an elite tackle.

 

I don't think the Bengals want him any longer.

I think it's an ex-girlfriend kind of situation. Thought he was going to be something that he really never was or developed into. I never got the sense that he was willing to condition/train like he needed to. Seemed to settle in and be happy with being good and never strived to be great.

I don't think the Bengals want him any longer.

 

I don't. He couldn't stay healthy and wasn't very good even then, especially in pass protection. I find it hard to believe the Bengals can't do better. But maybe the tackle market is weak since other teams seem to be after him.

I don't. He couldn't stay healthy and wasn't very good even then, especially in pass protection. I find it hard to believe the Bengals can't do better. But maybe the tackle market is weak since other teams seem to be after him.

 

Agree.

I don't. He couldn't stay healthy and wasn't very good even then, especially in pass protection. I find it hard to believe the Bengals can't do better. But maybe the tackle market is weak since other teams seem to be after him.

 

Bengals took two (2) offensive tackles in the 1st 2 rounds in last year's draft. Their intentions were very clear a year ago...

Bengals took two (2) offensive tackles in the 1st 2 rounds in last year's draft. Their intentions were very clear a year ago...

 

Right.

  • Author

Third the motion.

Kind of off the subject but did Hayes ever say why he left cincy for same position at Tampa? Maybe a chance to move up the ladder eventually that he thought he wouldn't get here?

3328269.jpg
  • Author

Yeah, we obviously didn't want Smith any longer.

A one-year deal is probably the best way to manage Smith. He obviously had very limited options if he settled for a one-year deal. Minnesota really needs offensive lineman so I hope it works out for Coach Zimmer

Here's hoping he does better in Minnesota than I remember him being in Cincinnati. The Vikings line needs serious work and can't really afford taking a flyer on a dude that may not work out. Time will tell I guess.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.