2016 Kentucky Derby Countdown

doomer

So my first trip to Turfway was full of adventure.

Wife tells me Saturday morning I need to dress up. I say, "Nah, fellas on BGP say it's nothing like Keeneland."

She then informs me we are sitting in some tent with free food and drink. I have no idea if that tent is usually there or not but it was very nice. Food was average but the free drinks were definitely a hit. Then we were told to leave due to high winds, which didn't surprise me at all. So, we head over to the grandstand. It was exactly what I thought it would be, but the wife wasn't impressed at all. We stayed for a race and then left. Walking to our car was a REAL adventure! Wind blew my sunglasses off my face and I had to chase them down. I hope no one got video because I know I looked like a complete fool.

I will return to TP sometime, but it will be with the boys. :lol2:

So my first trip to Turfway was full of adventure.

Wife tells me Saturday morning I need to dress up. I say, "Nah, fellas on BGP say it's nothing like Keeneland."

She then informs me we are sitting in some tent with free food and drink. I have no idea if that tent is usually there or not but it was very nice. Food was average but the free drinks were definitely a hit. Then we were told to leave due to high winds, which didn't surprise me at all. So, we head over to the grandstand. It was exactly what I thought it would be, but the wife wasn't impressed at all. We stayed for a race and then left. Walking to our car was a REAL adventure! Wind blew my sunglasses off my face and I had to chase them down. I hope no one got video because I know I looked like a complete fool.

I will return to TP sometime, but it will be with the boys. :lol2:

The tent is set up for special events.

Your wife is correct, there is nothing impressive at all about Turfway Park.

I can relate to your windy experience in the parking lot. My windy experience was at the old River Downs. Something was blowing across the parking lot and I was running to get it, then some guy yells out "look at that guy chasing that rabbit." It wasn't a rabbit, but was a hair piece from the person I was with. :lol2: It did look like a rabbit, though. :bunny:

• 3 weeks later...
Nyquist is a good looking horse. He dictated the Florida Derby and made sure any challengers especially Mohaymen had to go way wide. Post position will be key in the KD though.

I believe he is doing a workout at Keeneland Saturday morning before he heads over Churchill if anyone wants to get a glimpse of him bright and early.