Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN public editor acknowledges #Deflategate "missteps"

Featured Replies

For more than a year, ESPN had never admitted any responsibility for its role in the rise of the rigmarole known as #Deflategate . Now, on the same day the case heads to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on the question of whether quarterback Tom Brady’s four-game suspension will be upheld, ESPN public editor Jim Brady has published a #longform assessment of the network’s mishandling of the situation.

 

Under a fairly innocuous and somewhat convoluted title (“Lack of transparency on Deflategate made journalism tougher to judge”), Jim Brady delicately chastises ESPN for the original report that turned a curiosity into a hashtag. It’s strong enough to be regarded as an acknowledgement that the network erred, but it’s not as strong as it could have, or should have been.

 

ESPN public editor acknowledges #Deflategate “missteps” | ProFootballTalk

  • Author

The comments section on this article is ripe with some scathing comments on ESPN as a whole.

I never had any respect for the NFL owners or Goodell and lost all respect for Mortensen over this subject. It is one thing for the story to come out wrong. It is quite another to later know it was wrong and then not correct it. The NFL and Mortensen (or anyone else at ESPN) basically then became blatant liars. That is why Kraft was so apoplectic about the whole deal. He could not believe Goodell and ESPN just perpetuated the lie. The NFL ownership has the morals of a street walker and ESPN was disgraceful in this instance. It is funny how ESPN gives Manning the benefit of the doubt with his issues of late coming out and they totally tried to crush Brady in the week before the Super Bowl. He got NO benefit of the doubt at all...I wish Mort the best of luck battling his cancer but lost a ton of respect for him on how he handled this. Maybe he was told by ESPN brass to not correct his erroneous reporting but if he was, he needed to stand up and do the right thing...and he did not.

  • Author
I never had any respect for the NFL owners or Goodell and lost all respect for Mortensen over this subject. It is one thing for the story to come out wrong. It is quite another to later know it was wrong and then not correct it. The NFL and Mortensen (or anyone else at ESPN) basically then became blatant liars. That is why Kraft was so apoplectic about the whole deal. He could not believe Goodell and ESPN just perpetuated the lie. The NFL ownership has the morals of a street walker and ESPN was disgraceful in this instance. It is funny how ESPN gives Manning the benefit of the doubt with his issues of late coming out and they totally tried to crush Brady in the week before the Super Bowl. He got NO benefit of the doubt at all...I wish Mort the best of luck battling his cancer but lost a ton of respect for him on how he handled this. Maybe he was told by ESPN brass to not correct his erroneous reporting but if he was, he needed to stand up and do the right thing...and he did not.

 

I sound like an old fart but when I was younger I absolutely loved ESPN but nowadays I only go there when I have to.

Love ESPN. There is no equal and no better alternative.

Love ESPN. There is no equal and no better alternative.

 

They may not have an equal but that does not mean I love them. I like some of their personalities and try not to judge everyone working there based on actions of a few or some upper management decisions. They definitely have an agenda on many issues though...

I sound like an old fart but when I was younger I absolutely loved ESPN but nowadays I only go there when I have to.

 

Same here you old fart

Same here you old fart

 

GOML:lol2::lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.