Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ninth region bracket

Featured Replies

I'm going with a Holmes/Ryle finals.

In a different thread, there was a reference to the 9th being down this year. Far from accurate imo. There are four teams that could cut down the nets next Sunday without it being a major shocker as Holmes, Ryle, Highlands, Holy Cross are all talented and capable. Add a dangerous 21 win Connor team that is capable of the lights out 3 point shooting upset and I say this will be quite the tournament. Of course I root for the young ladies from Ryle who have very much earned the right to be at the top tier. Now they need to step on the floor and earn the right to cut down nets. They're ready. Go Raiders!

About The 9th Region Tournament

•Girls' Quarterfinals - Monday, February 29 at 6:30pm

•Girls' Quarterfinals - Tuesday, March 1 at 6:30pm

•Boys' Quarterfinals - Wednesday, March 2 at 6:30pm

•Boys' Quarterfinals - Friday, March 4 at 6:30pm

•Girls' Semifinals - Saturday, March 5 at 12:00pm

•Boys' Semifinals - Sunday, March 6 at 1:00pm

•Girls' Championship Game - Sunday, March 6 at 6:00pm

•Boys' Championship Game - Monday, March 7 at 7:00pm

•All tickets are General Admission

•Everyone over the age of 6 needs a ticket to get in

•Parking is $5.00 at the lot, CASH ONLY

 

Policies -

 

•No signs allowed

•No strollers allowed

•No outside food or dink allowed

•No Gifts

 

Will these be the same rules for the Girls' Sweet Sixteen Tournament?

Can't imagine a state tournament without posters and signs from the student sections...and if they are allowed then, why not for the regional?

  • Author

Whoever comes out of the bottom bracket will have well earned it, I just hope whoever it is has enough left in the tank to compete with Holmes. I am emotionally pulling for Holy Cross, and I think they have a shot if they put things together and get production out of their two very young bigs, but if either Highlands or Ryle were to cut down the nets, it would be a great culmination to long high school careers for girls at either school, Coffey, Adler and Leigh at Highlands, and Jump, Jones and the rest of their classmates at Ryle. I do believe that the X factor for Ryle has been the play of 8th grader Maddie Scherr, and would like to see her get the chance to play in the girls Sweet Sixteen.

 

Good luck this week, should be an exciting regional (and then we have the state up here the following week!).

Hopefully the circus smell will be out of the building by Monday night. Very much there Sunday afternoon. The traffic situation was semi-confusing once again with maybe 4000 people there and no classes in session. Go luck to all this week.

Before the draw I though Highlands would have a good chance to cut down the nets. However, with who they have to play, HC, probably Ryle, then probably Holmes, a very tough row to hoe. The Birds lost to all three of these teams earlier in the season, but they are playing with a lot of confidence now. Also, how last year ended for them in the region, I think they have been waiting a long time to get back.

Before the draw I though Highlands would have a good chance to cut down the nets. However, with who they have to play, HC, probably Ryle, then probably Holmes, a very tough row to hoe. The Birds lost to all three of these teams earlier in the season, but they are playing with a lot of confidence now. Also, how last year ended for them in the region, I think they have been waiting a long time to get back.

 

You know I bleed blue, but I'm just not sure I trust them for 3 games yet. I know when they play strong and shoot even decent, they can play with and beat anyone. They have been doing that in the last quarter of the season. But they also have have several times over the course of the season where they played without focus and uninspired. I'm hoping the big event and the fact that the seniors (that have been playing for a long time) realize that it's coming to an end and every game can be your last! Hopefully that inspires them and when they play with energy and confidence, they are pretty darn good and fun to watch. There is no doubt I think they could win it all, but the draw didn't do them any favors. However, sometimes taking the harder route makes you stay focused every minute and that's what this team needs.

 

For me, it's a win win tonight. If they win, both my daughters advance. If they don't, I get about 6 of my softball players earlier!! Lol!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.