Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 2016

Featured Replies

What does Boone County need to do to improve in 2016? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

This year's juniors are going to have to step up next year as seniors. This class had more success as freshman than any other class at Boone for some time. Many of them started and played significant time on varsity this year. I see the offensive line as a strength for the team. just about all positions on the OL have good experience the last two seasons.

 

Skill positions are a question for me. I don't have much knowledge of what is in the pipeline here. I liked Cahill's running style last year. He runs hard and is quick. Douglas has great speed and he may see time at WR and/or RB. Anybody know if the QB position is set or is there going to be a competition at this position until someone emerges as the clear leader?

 

I didn't see any JV games last year and don't know what the current sophomore class, next year's juniors, are going to contribute. There are several athletes that I know of who can play. And if the bigs can stay healthy, there are some who should be able to give some relief time to the starters.

 

One important component of next year's team will be how many of this year's freshman (next year's sophomores) will be able to fill some of the holes in the starting line-up. I think that several of them will need to step up into starting roles on next year's varsity team and this is a big jump for them to make. Time in the weight room will be important this off-season and hitting a growth spurt about now would be helpful.

 

There is not a lot of depth on the roster so overall team health will be a big factor in any success they hope to have.

Here is the list of kids they return that will be Seniors and Juniors.

 

 

2 Devin Rubert 11 5'10 150 QB/DB

3 Dylan Kramer 11 5'9 170 RB/LB

7 Willie Wolfe 11 5'9 145 WR/DB

8 Brandon Morgan 11 5'9 205 RB/DL

9 Sheldon Loh 11 5'10 160 WR/DB

14 Pete Westhoff 11 6'1 165 QB/DB

15 Cordell Vaske 10 5'7 110 WR/DB

17 Taylor Edwards 10 5'11 145 WR/DB

18 Alex Schwartz 11 6'3 160 QB/WR

19 Josh Douthit 11 510 150 TE/LB

20 Corstin Cahill 11 5'9 175 RB/DB

21 Rondell Douglas 11 5'10 175 WR/DB

22 Michael Bucalo 10 5'9 155 RB/LB

24 Evan Miller 10 5'10 125 WR/DB

25 Gage Hilbert 10 5'9 145 WR/DB

27 Jacob Cain 11 5'9 150 RB/DB

28 Peyton Shoemaker 11 6'1 175 TE/DB

29 Marcos Baerga 10 5'8 135 WR/DB

32 Cody Browning 10 5'7 120 WR/DB

33 Jacob Hill 10 5'10 150 WR/DB

34 Joey Workman 10 5'9 125 RB/DB

40 Jakob Crowell 11 5'8 185 RB/LB

41 Chris Miller 10 5'9 150 RB/LB

44 Chandler Feinauer 11 5'10 200 RB/LB

45 Matt Perry 11 5'10 220 RB/DL

48 John Horton 11 5'11 205 TE/DE

50 Justin Leite 10 5'10 160 OL/DL

51 Noah Curee 10 5'10 225 OL/DL

52 Joey Sanz 11 6'0 275 OL/DL

54 Colin Eickhoff 11 5'9 255 OL/DL

55 Logan Eickhoff 11 5'9 255 OL/DL

58 Jackson Becker 11 6'0 210 OL/DL

60 Zack Belew 11 5'10 205 OL/DL

61 Brandon Blackburn 11 6'0 210 OL/DL

63 Jayveon Johnson 11 6'1 230 OL/DL

64 Trevor Cahill 10 5'9 200 OL/DL

65 Maolfi Stockwell 10 5'11 220 OL/DL

68 James Cosby 11 5'10 260 OL/DL

70 Omar Hameidan 10 5'10 220 OL/DL

74 Greg Ferguson 11 5'11 185 OL/DL

76 Austin Lim 10 5'10 185 OL/DL

78 Kyle Neace 11 5'8 160 OL/DL

79 Colin Kozubal 11 6'1 220 OL/DL

80 Brian Carroll 11 6'0 170 TE/DE

86 Joe Ganster 11 6'1 190 TE/DE

87 Aaron Maines 11 6'1 160 K

88 Emmanuel Mutombe 10 6'3 165 WR/LB

89 Michael Gibson 10 6'1 180 TE/DE

One important component of next year's team will be how many of this year's freshman (next year's sophomores) will be able to fill some of the holes in the starting line-up. I think that several of them will need to step up into starting roles on next year's varsity team and this is a big jump for them to make. Time in the weight room will be important this off-season and hitting a growth spurt about now would be helpful.

 

There is not a lot of depth on the roster so overall team health will be a big factor in any success they hope to have.

 

I should have said that several of next year's sophomores will need to be capable of significant playing time. I don't know that any will start.

I think Boone will be better, but I don't know that their W/L record will change much. But if they can somehow find 1 or 2 wins it will be an improvement.

Is this an average sized team for a high school in Kentucky? I don't see much height or weight on there.

I hope Jayveon Johnson has a big year.

I hope Jayveon Johnson has a big year.

 

Is that another kid that you have adopted since you have none of your own that are playing?

Is that another kid that you have adopted since you have none of your own that are playing?

 

Probably got film on him

Is this an average sized team for a high school in Kentucky? I don't see much height or weight on there.

 

I think so, for the most part.

Is that another kid that you have adopted since you have none of your own that are playing?

 

 

Excuse me? He played for SK and moved to Boone County.

Is that another kid that you have adopted since you have none of your own that are playing?

 

 

Excuse me? He played for SK and moved to Boone County.

Is this an average sized team for a high school in Kentucky? I don't see much height or weight on there.

 

Well, unfortunately, we (Boone County H.S.) didn't win a game last year. I think you can infer from that that this is not an averaged sized team in KY. We looked small compared to most of our opponents.

 

But, we have some great kids and football players, you know, "the size of the fight in the dog kinda kids." I would love to see some kids with size show up in the weight room this winter/spring but you go with what you got. BTW, Chandler Feinauer, one of our linebackers who is under 6' and maybe 200 lbs, is as strong as they come and will put a wallop on anybody.

 

Jayveon Johnson is a solid football player. He is a beast on the D-line. Glad he's at Boone County even if he did come by way of Independence. SK got a few of our better football players in recent years, too.

Well, unfortunately, we (Boone County H.S.) didn't win a game last year. I think you can infer from that that this is not an averaged sized team in KY. We looked small compared to most of our opponents.

 

But, we have some great kids and football players, you know, "the size of the fight in the dog kinda kids." I would love to see some kids with size show up in the weight room this winter/spring but you go with what you got. BTW, Chandler Feinauer, one of our linebackers who is under 6' and maybe 200 lbs, is as strong as they come and will put a wallop on anybody.

 

Jayveon Johnson is a solid football player. He is a beast on the D-line. Glad he's at Boone County even if he did come by way of Independence. SK got a few of our better football players in recent years, too.

 

Thanks for the honest answer. My wife's family is from Boone and we used to play them when I was in high school so I have a soft spot for them.

Boone scrimmages Cooper this year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.