Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USA Today Sports Article on Pitino's Legacy:

Featured Replies

Retaining Pitino and re-hiring Petrino after the their troubles proves that UL is a win at all costs athletic program. Some schools cheat (hookers, academics, etc), others pay their coaches bazillions, some build cathedrals. UL has chosen to do all three.

 

As UK fans we really can't say much. We have ha scandals throughout uks time in sports. Shoot we went out and got a coach in coach Cal who just had his previous two schools vacant seasons and final fours during his time there. I don't see to many UK fans having a problem with him being here. Shoot I honestly didn't want him here at first but I am sure glad we had him.

 

People may not like it, however if a team is winning and competiting for championships then most people over look past stuff. Just like us UK fans over look what happened to coach Cals past teams at other players when he was there.

 

So like it or not but UK is the same way in wanting to try to win at all cost.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Such a stupid and overused phrase.

 

 

Truth Hurts?

As UK fans we really can't say much. We have ha scandals throughout uks time in sports. Shoot we went out and got a coach in coach Cal who just had his previous two schools vacant seasons and final fours during his time there. I don't see to many UK fans having a problem with him being here. Shoot I honestly didn't want him here at first but I am sure glad we had him.

 

People may not like it, however if a team is winning and competiting for championships then most people over look past stuff. Just like us UK fans over look what happened to coach Cals past teams at other players when he was there.

 

So like it or not but UK is the same way in wanting to try to win at all cost.

 

 

UK didn't rehire Sutton or Bassett? Cal has been clean at UK as for as we know? So not really the same.

I love me some Ricky P. but he should have been gone after the last sex scandal. THAT will be his legacy at UL to me now.

 

That wasn't what bothered me about Pitino. It was the fact that he used 9/11 and the loss of his brother-in-law as to why he cheated on his wife in a restaurant. Instead of just manning up, he blamed a need for community after the tragedy. What world does that man live on?

Truth Hurts?

 

It's hyperbole.

That wasn't what bothered me about Pitino. It was the fact that he used 9/11 and the loss of his brother-in-law as to why he cheated on his wife in a restaurant. Instead of just manning up, he blamed a need for community after the tragedy. What world does that man live on?

 

Really? I hadn't heard that.

UK didn't rehire Sutton or Bassett? Cal has been clean at UK as for as we know? So not really the same.

 

Looking past the situations at Cal's past two schools is exactly the same thing many nag UofL for in regards to Petrino. Exactly the same.

All college sports enthusiasts already have a view on Rick and his legacy… the author admits this in his last sentence (which makes the premise of the article invalid from my pov).

 

Anyway, once Rick finally moves on from coaching I think he continues to hang “around”. He’s gregarious, analytical and never short on words. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him continue his career as a basketball commentator/guest analyst, etc. So for some, it may be awhile before he’s gone enough for his legacy to be fully established.

UK didn't rehire Sutton or Bassett? Cal has been clean at UK as for as we know? So not really the same.

 

Actually very much the same. I see people criticizing UL hiring Petrino back in football, which was even said in the post I quoted. Which is just silly for people to do that, considering UK went and hired coach Cal even though they already knew about what happened in the last two places he had been at. It is exactly the same thing.

 

Shoot I bet UK would go hire Pete Carroll in a heart beat in football too if somehow they could get him to come here, even though he left USC in shambles based on what happened during his time there. UK would ignore that if they could get a coach like that to come in and help them win games. However UK football wouldn't be able to get a top coach like that to come here, but if they could they would easily sacrifice themselves to have a coach who wins game like that.

 

UK is just like UL in that regard at win at all cost, however the same can be said for many programs.

Looking past the situations at Cal's past two schools is exactly the same thing many nag UofL for in regards to Petrino. Exactly the same.

 

I really should have been a Louisville or something because I really can't stand half of my fellow UK fan base most of the time. I definitely see why most people hate UK lol. However I was born and raised as a UK fan, graduated from UK, and will always love UK and am heartbroken anytime they lose. However I sure do see why so many of you all hate UK, and its not because of the team.

I really should have been a Louisville or something because I really can't stand half of my fellow UK fan base most of the time. I definitely see why most people hate UK lol. However I was born and raised as a UK fan, graduated from UK, and will always love UK and am heartbroken anytime they lose. However I sure do see why so many of you all hate UK, and its not because of the team.

 

The same reason I HATE UL because I'm a UK fan. I don't need any other reason, but if I did they are not hard to find. Ha Ha

I really should have been a Louisville or something because I really can't stand half of my fellow UK fan base most of the time. I definitely see why most people hate UK lol. However I was born and raised as a UK fan, graduated from UK, and will always love UK and am heartbroken anytime they lose. However I sure do see why so many of you all hate UK, and its not because of the team.

 

You are just a sensible UK fan. There are many of those around, especially here at BGP. Unfortunately, there as many if not more that ruin it for you guys that can have an intelligent conversation and be subjective.

You are just a sensible UK fan. There are many of those around, especially here at BGP. Unfortunately, there as many if not more that ruin it for you guys that can have an intelligent conversation and be subjective.

 

Very true and those seem to be the more vocal ones.

Very true and those seem to be the more vocal ones.

 

Always... And for every team, I might add.

Always... And for every team, I might add.

 

Very true!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.