A UK fan supports UL.

THE SHERIFF

As a UK fan I thought I would get a bit of joy from the University of Louisville's decision to self impose a post season ban on the men's basketball team. It ain't happening!

When I watch a UL game I pull for the other team, I would expect a true UL fan to do the same. I saw Rick Pitino as a turncoat when he accepted the Louisville job, I also appreciate the job he did at Kentucky.

I think Matt Jones and John Ramsey make it tough for the other side to have any empathy.

As I watched Trey Lewis, Damien Lee and their UofL mates during their press conference it was tough. They handled it with grace and dignity. You could cut the disappointment with a knife. I am truly saddened for this group of kids.

Thanks for reminding me that first and foremost I am a basketball fan. I will be pulling for this group of kids for the rest of the season, I hope they run the table!

Nice post Sheriff.

I thought for a long time there was no Louisville "equal" to Matt Jones... But that person is John Ramsey, and I absolutely can't stand him. He is everything I hate about homer fans. I listen to Ramsey and Rutherford every afternoon, and he makes me cringe daily.

I feel bad for the two transfers but keeping everything in perspective nothing really has changed. They get their education paid for. They get to play in a great conference in front of great fans. They are adored. They'll make great connections for down the road.

I am not wasting any energy feeling sorry for them nor would I if it was UK.

I hope UL runs the table as well as it will help UK's RPI.

I realize being a likable player at a major program with half a brain's worth of intelligence sets one up on a gravy train for the rest of his life, but if I were Trey Lewis or Damien Lee I would send a copy of that press conference along with my cover letter for every job I ever applied to.

I generally hate using the term "well spoken" with regards to black athletes, but man, I was so impressed with their maturity, honesty, and eloquence in answering questions.

Selfishly I feel bad because March Madness is my favorite time of the year, but it stinks that these guys had other options and chose U of L for a chance to experience the NCAA tournament for the first time. There are obviously more important things in the world, but I would feel much differently if they made their decision to come to Louisville after the reports broke and knew there was a possibility of having to sit out.

I thought for a long time there was no Louisville "equal" to Matt Jones... But that person is John Ramsey, and I absolutely can't stand him. He is everything I hate about homer fans. I listen to Ramsey and Rutherford every afternoon, and he makes me cringe daily.

Is that who Matt Jones calls Captain Suntan and seems to be referencing all the time on his show?

I feel bad for the two transfers but keeping everything in perspective nothing really has changed. They get their education paid for. They get to play in a great conference in front of great fans. They are adored. They'll make great connections for down the road.

I am not wasting any energy feeling sorry for them nor would I if it was UK.

I hope UL runs the table as well as it will help UK's RPI.

I understand where you're coming from Clyde, but Lee and Lewis have already graduated. They're quality kids and I would like to see them get a chance to play in the tournament.