Do Recruiting Services Work?

I wouldn't use a recruiting service. All you have to do is email the coaches all their emails are in the staff directory of each colleges website. They usually respond very quickly if they like what they see on the hudl film and want contact info. I have sent film out for plenty of kids.

Why?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Hudl I don't know if those services are needed. The player can update their own highlights weekly after each game played. all positions are different but just for example if your child is a running back, don't just include big runs, catches, but also key blocks he made, picking up blitzes etc. and then after each season or even mid season make the premeir highlight and use the spot shadow or arrows to single him out.

And you no longer mail any video, no copies to make etc. you can send links to the highlight via email, and coaches can send whole game films via email as well.

Any parent with free time and a search engine can find the emails for any colleges and send their kids video out for free.

Camps are another story, some are legit, some are a money maker for who runs them without much benefit for players.

Creepy is what I would call it- but to each there own I guess

Creepy? It is the least I can do for some of these kids. At least 6 SK football players game to my sons football practices and some of their games and they have taught him a lot in football camps at SK. My son and his football team won every game and a superbowl! I will help any SK kid get recruited. I'm a SK grad I bleed blue and white. Anybody that knows me knows I will go out of my way to help a kid plus my son looks up to thoughs kids. You think what you want I don't care! Look at my Avatar does your kids have thoughs trophies probably not mine does though!

Creepy? It is the least I can do for some of these kids. At least 6 SK football players game to my sons football practices and some of their games and they have taught him a lot in football camps at SK. My son and his football team won every game and a superbowl! I will help any SK kid get recruited. I'm a SK grad I bleed blue and white. Anybody that knows me knows I will go out of my way to help a kid plus my son looks up to thoughs kids. You think what you want I don't care! Look at my Avatar does your kids have thoughs trophies probably not mine does though!

Cool story bro-

I have had 2 son's go thru this process one who's decided 5 or 6 thousand dollars to go to a 31000 dollar school to play football wasn't enough motivation. The second is an undersized tightend who would have to play fullback in college to get a D1 scholarship. I would appreciate it tremendously if his coach or other person sent film on him. It sounds like SK has had more D1 scholarships just in the kids he has mentioned than my son's school or most local schools. Recruiting services have not got 1 kid a D 1 scholarship to my knowledge in the past decade to my knowledge if it has I would be glad to know of it and how much the parent spent getting the service.

I have had 2 son's go thru this process one who's decided 5 or 6 thousand dollars to go to a 31000 dollar school to play football wasn't enough motivation. The second is an undersized tightend who would have to play fullback in college to get a D1 scholarship. I would appreciate it tremendously if his coach or other person sent film on him. It sounds like SK has had more D1 scholarships just in the kids he has mentioned than my son's school or most local schools. Recruiting services have not got 1 kid a D 1 scholarship to my knowledge in the past decade to my knowledge if it has I would be glad to know of it and how much the parent spent getting the service.

Citing Mike Webster - from 1993- good stuff.