Mercer County 84 Montgomery County 51

Tried to listen to it on the radio and finally got ont he Internet. Jones just seems to be the piece to that team if they will us him. They was 5/20 from the 3pt line......jones 11/15. Kid scores very easy from 18ft in and is limited due to so much perimeter play.

Art Walker (#12) with only 3. He is a key piece to the MoCo puzzle and when he only has 3 points for the game that's usually detrimental to the Indians efforts.

Fuller (#10) is one on if not the best true PG in the 10th from the assist and ball handling perspective. Very high basketball IQ.

Gotta find others way to be a key piece. They got some good players but Fuller and Jones are consistent.

I'm not sure which players they were but as a team Montgomery County shot the ball poorly tonight. Good looks, they just didn't make baskets. They shoot a whole lot of threes.

As I said in the post is Mercer #1...the bolded above I think might be the way to beat them. It's what Anderson did against them and what gave them the lead for 3 quarters. When the 3's quit falling in the 4th qtr (open looks, just quit falling) that's when Mercer went on a run lead by Faulkner and put the game away in the closing minutes.

Faulkner, by the way, is good. Dow is a man among boys when he wants to be.

As I said in the post is Mercer #1...the bolded above I think might be the way to beat them. It's what Anderson did against them and what gave them the lead for 3 quarters. When the 3's quit falling in the 4th qtr (open looks, just quit falling) that's when Mercer went on a run lead by Faulkner and put the game away in the closing minutes.

Faulkner, by the way, is good. Dow is a man among boys when he wants to be.

Playing strong and disciplined defense is how you beat Mercer County. You can't let them get their transition game going. Once they start running the court, that's a wrap. You can't let James shoot the ball ever and you can't let Hager control the game. I don't care what the score is, if Hager controls the tempo and James is getting shots off they will beat you. Faulkner can't be stopped. Just have to pray he has no help.

Playing strong and disciplined defense is how you beat Mercer County. You can't let them get their transition game going. Once they start running the court, that's a wrap. You can't let James shoot the ball ever and you can't let Hager control the game. I don't care what the score is, if Hager controls the tempo and James is getting shots off they will beat you. Faulkner can't be stopped. Just have to pray he has no help.

That's a given against about anybody that's good...but the way to ATTACK Mercer might be with the 3 ball. Again I have only seen them play once, but they let an undermanned Anderson team stay in the game with them by hitting open 3's. If AC could have kept Mercer of the offensive glass in the first half they would have had more of a lead than they did...that's another point, HAVE to keep Mercer off the offensive glass cause they go after it hard. But then again I think that kind of lumps in with good, disciplined defense too.

That's a given against about anybody that's good...but the way to ATTACK Mercer might be with the 3 ball. Again I have only seen them play once, but they let an undermanned Anderson team stay in the game with them by hitting open 3's. If AC could have kept Mercer of the offensive glass in the first half they would have had more of a lead than they did...that's another point, HAVE to keep Mercer off the offensive glass cause they go after it hard. But then again I think that kind of lumps in with good, disciplined defense too.

Depends on what kind of team you have. You can't expect a team that doesn't rely on the 3 ball to be able to just start using it against Mercer County. Shooting a high FG percentage from three will defeat anyone. I'm not sold that is the way to beat Mercer County.

Mercer County has a habit of letting a lot of undermanned teams play with them. They have proven time and time again to be a dangerous second half team. No lead is safe with them and you cannot let them dictate the pace of the game.

Getting ready to turn 16 but young compared to the other top sophomores he is compared to that turned 17 way before the season started.

What is your definition of "way before the season started"?

If any of the kids you are talking about were 17 at the beginning of August, they will not be playing their Senior seasons.

As Purple Pride alluded to, Mercer has a tendency to play to their competition - up or down (and that is especially true in the first half of games). They played up against Wayne and down against Anderson. Yet they're still winning by an average of 23 or so PPG. Their defensive energy was much, much better against Wayne.

I'm not too worried about the Amderson game. It was a trap game after having played at Wayne the night before. Mercer wasn't up for it and, based on what I saw out of Anderson, they treated it like it was their Super Bowl. Heck, Montgomery is a much stronger team than Anderson and they beat them by 30 their next game.

When Mercer plays with energy, their length on the perimeter helps tremendously when it comes to contesting threes. That said, if a team can manage to hit a high percentage, of course that gives them a better chance to beat Mercer. Madison Central shot 75% from three and almost beat them - but still didn't get the W.