Scott 78 Conner 68

Scott flys out of the gate on an 11-0 run, Conner closes the gap to 11-10, but then Scott pours it on and sails home with a surprisingly easy victory (up 7 after 1st, 13 at half, 17 after 3rd) against a deep and athletic Conner squad. Conner had very little relative success from outside(8 for 34 from 3pt land). Don't understand why they didn't force the issue inside a lot more, as they were very successful offensively when they posted up.

Prior to the game Lexie Stapleton was recognized with her 1,000pt game ball and then she added another 16 points to her total during the game. Morgan Wagner continues to impress, with 12 pts., going 5 for 6 from the field, grabbing 5 rebounds, and hustling all over the floor. Anna Clephane was unstoppable. After a 29pt performance at Simon Kenton on Wednesday, she had a new career high with 33 points, 6 rebounds, 5 steals, against the Cougars.

Scott is looking forward to getting their Senior leaders back over the next week or two, and who knows, maybe make a run at Districts/Regionals.

Scott 78, Conner 68

Conner (12-5)-Watts 1 1 3, Hurst 3 0 7, Jordan 5 0 11, McLemore 0 1 1, Hendricks 4 0 12, Gambrel 1 6 8, Roberts 1 0 3, Duncan 2 2 11, Connley 1 1 3, Burcham 2 0 5, Frye 2 0 4. Totals: 22 15 68.

Scott (9-6)-Franxman 1 1 3, Secrist 3 0 6, Wagner 5 0 12, Clephane 11 11 33, Brown 2 4 8, Stapleton 4 6 16. Totals: 25 22 78.

Halftime: S 34-21. 3-pointers: C 8 (Hendricks 4, Hurst, Jordan, Roberts, Burcham); S 4 (Stapleton 2, Wagner 2).

Sounds like the Eagles are putting things together at the right time. Not a lot of people feeling like they can win the 10th...do they slide under the radar and shock the world? I think they have a shot!

33 - 3 point attempts for the Cougars. Over half their shots from the 3 point line. I can tell you they aren't afraid to fire it up quick no matter game situation. But that is going to bite you at times I don't mind shooting 3's but everything should come in moderation.

33 - 3 point attempts for the Cougars. Over half their shots from the 3 point line. I can tell you they aren't afraid to fire it up quick no matter game situation. But that is going to bite you at times I don't mind shooting 3's but everything should come in moderation.

Apparently some coaches think that if you shoot enough of them you should make more. Personally I think they need to look inside more often then they do. A little inside out game can get you better looks at times.

Apparently some coaches think that if you shoot enough of them you should make more. Personally I think they need to look inside more often then they do. A little inside out game can get you better looks at times.

Umm, this is statistically accurate you know ?

Conner makes about 30% of their 3s.

From a points viewpoint that's the equivalent of making 45% of their 2s.

3 players account for 70% of the 3 attempts. 2 of those are freshman.

Low compared to the better teams in the state but you bring up a good point about the freshmen. Actually they have shot it much better than the senior so far this year. I guess I would still like to see them go inside more to maybe set up a little better look. What disturbs me about this team is that they don't shoot a whole lot better from 2 then 3.

Conner makes about 30% of their 3s.

From a points viewpoint that's the equivalent of making 45% of their 2s.

3 players account for 70% of the 3 attempts. 2 of those are freshman.

I get it if you are under maned or trying to get out of a large deficit. But when you are up why not use the clock to your advantage. Just because I can get a shot off doesn't make it a good one

What do you mean? Just because you take more doesn't mean that you WILL make more.

Yes, it actually does. The more opportunities at any given task, the more likely the outcome will be in your favor. It's not like flipping a coin, which is purely random chance, because there is skill involved. Shooting a basketball is pure muscle memory and the more you "train" the more likely your muscles are to know the actual range.

If you shoot absolute zero attempts, you have an absolute zero chance of putting one in...however, if you shoot 20 attempts, you have a significantly greater chance of putting even just 1 in.

Very, very basic probability....

Yes, it actually does. The more opportunities at any given task, the more likely the outcome will be in your favor. It's not like flipping a coin, which is purely random chance, because there is skill involved. Shooting a basketball is pure muscle memory and the more you "train" the more likely your muscles are to know the actual range.

If you shoot absolute zero attempts, you have an absolute zero chance of putting one in...however, if you shoot 20 attempts, you have a significantly greater chance of putting even just 1 in.

Very, very basic probability....

You math guys are something else. Live with the 3 and die with the 3. What's the probability of that? If it happens in a one and out situation say goodnight!