Covington Catholic 72 Winton Woods (OH) 59

Covington Catholic 72

Winton Woods (Ohio) 59

Covington Catholic 19 22 19 12 72

Winton Woods (Ohio) 17 13 10 19 59

Covington Catholic -- Fredrick 18, Vonhandorf 14, Lenhof 4, Flood 16, Mayer 15, Ruthsatz 5.

Winton Woods -- Goins 2, Exalus 15, Allen 10, Tribble 10, Sneed 15, Oates 7.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | Lexington Herald-Leader

CJ!

He has really stepped up his game these past few weeks.

One of my Cincy guys, who has followed CJ since his middle school days, told me over the summer at a camp that CJ was not only one of the best sophs in NKY that he had seen, but statewide as well.

I am told by Dave Wear that he was not listed in the book.

Was told he is no longer on the team...sad thing is he is probably the best sophomore on either side of the river. Physically gifted at 6'4 210 and very skilled.

Fredrick is playing really well. He looks to be the best offensive player CCH has right now. He is shooting an extremely high percentage. It was also good to see AJ and Andy have a big game. If CCH will run more offense through Fredrick, AJ And Andy continue to score, and you get your usual from CVH, CCH will be hard to handle moving forward. A balanced scoring CCH will be dangerous.

Nice to see CJ do well in the gym that his uncle and grandfather basically built... Charlie and Joe Fredrick are legends at Greenhills (Winton Woods today). Also really good to see Cole and Flood put up double digit numbers. Winton Woods is usually a pretty big and physical team.

Nice to see CJ do well in the gym that his uncle and grandfather basically built... Charlie and Joe Fredrick are legends at Greenhills (Winton Woods today). Also really good to see Cole and Flood put up double digit numbers. Winton Woods is usually a pretty big and physical team.

I wouldn't leave out his dad, Chuck, who was a GREAT player at Greenhills.