Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Incoming Freshman

Featured Replies

Boone will be very Good you will see a couple of them get Varsity Minutes this year..........Dixie has some great players coming in Followed by a great 8th grade class after that........Ryle will have some good big men having two big guys at 6"3 each and they are good.....I dont know anything about Highlands.......or Holy Cross..............

 

 

Highlands has more than just one player in this class. However, as mentioned earlier the Lother kid should be one that moves his way up and possibly sees some varsity action by late in the year or earlier.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands has more than just one player in this class. However, as mentioned earlier the Lother kid should be one that moves his way up and possibly sees some varsity action by late in the year or earlier.

Zach attack is a wonderful player and will be a varsity contributor....but not next year. He needs to continue to develop and play at his age appropriate level. If he sees varsity time next year, Willie has thrown in the towel. Too many players in front of him that Willie needs to develop/season before going to the freshman ranks. No need to rush...and maybe crush, his development.

Boone will be very Good you will see a couple of them get Varsity Minutes this year..........Dixie has some great players coming in Followed by a great 8th grade class after that........Ryle will have some good big men having two big guys at 6"3 each and they are good.....I dont know anything about Highlands.......or Holy Cross..............

 

Dixie frosh are very good, very deep,very physical......Lots of football players. Challenge is going to be keeping them playing basketball.

 

8th grade class is OK but not as good as the freshman class ahead of them. I think they have enjoyed most of their success due to overall weakness of all of the 8th grade classes in that league as compared to the incoming freshmen class ahead of them.

 

Bump them ahead one year and they are a 4th or 5th place team. You don't see the kids in that eighth grade playing D1 AAU and enjoying the success that Popp, Earls, Flannery, Gabbard, etc have enjoyed.

 

Seems kind of strange that one years class is so strong locally and the next year seems very average at best :confused:

Zach attack is a wonderful player and will be a varsity contributor....but not next year. He needs to continue to develop and play at his age appropriate level. If he sees varsity time next year, Willie has thrown in the towel. Too many players in front of him that Willie needs to develop/season before going to the freshman ranks. No need to rush...and maybe crush, his development.

Gotta agree with you on this one 76. I,m assuming this kid is a guard? The Jr class is laden with quality guards. Mcgraw, Simpson, Simons, and Ball are 4 reasons an underclass guard or small forward will not see the floor in varsity. With Simons coming back and if Mcgraw can get healthy, I think the Birds may be OK this year.

Highlands has more than just one player in this class. However, as mentioned earlier the Lother kid should be one that moves his way up and possibly sees some varsity action by late in the year or earlier.

 

No way does the Lother kid play any varsity this year. Highlands is not Bellevue or Dayton. However, I 100% agree with your opinion of him in your first post. The kid can flat out play. Coach Willie is to smart to move a small frosh to varsity. He would get some calls, but needs some experience first.

Corbin has three outstanding freshman players this season. All three will see some varsity time in my opinion. Aaron Manns 6'3 240 is a beast around the basket. A true post who likes it down there. Madison Johnson 6'3 160. Great shooter and very long armed. Issac Wilson 5'7 140 point guard excellent handles and nice mid range jump shot. All three of these kids will contribute this season for the Hounds.

 

The kid from Knox Central Miller is a very nice player as well. He can play any position on the floor and has nice size at about 6'5.

 

The younger Whitaker Kid at Bell is also one to monitor. He will start at the point for the Bobcats. He will be a great player in the future.

 

The Cards of South Laurel have a nice player in the Gilbert kid who transferred from North. He has a nice game overall and is very skilled.

 

I am sure there are some more upcoming players in the 13th.

I hear there are a group of freshmen coming into Gallatin Co. this year that have some real talent---Zac Jones--prolific scorer, Bryce Carlton-Great court vision and unbelievable handles, Nate Brown-good size and athletic ability, Joel Carlton-great nose for the ball and tenacity, and Jake Giles-scrappy and above average on the ball defender. This group lost a total of 11 games since 6th grade. Couple these boy's with the current varsity roster should make for some good basketball from this northern ky team.

 

I agree, Gallatin Co. does have some very good freshmen coming up the ranks.

 

I saw the 8th grade 14U KY Patriots (with Earls, Flannery & Popp) play Gallatin Co's varsity team with Holmes transfer Nate Edmonson and a Sr. point guard from Owsley Co. Daniel Neeley a couple of weeks ago at Sports of All Sorts in Florence in a BCI tournament. The Patriots beat Gallatin Co. (Ateck Attack) by 19 points.

 

I heard one of the Gallatin parents say that their big man was playing baseball that day so they may not of had their complete team. However it was a fun game to watch.

Gotta agree with you on this one 76. I,m assuming this kid is a guard? The Jr class is laden with quality guards. Mcgraw, Simpson, Simons, and Ball are 4 reasons an underclass guard or small forward will not see the floor in varsity. With Simons coming back and if Mcgraw can get healthy, I think the Birds may be OK this year.

 

 

You may be right, however do you really think Ball is going to stick with Basketball? He is a footballer and with his size, that could be his focus going into his Sr. yr. IF he doesnt play... So you have 3 guards....Simpson,McGraw and simons....who else????? Are you going to make Mcgraw run the point? Or Nic?

 

They have a ton of forwards coming up through the ranks and I wouldnt be surprised to see him get some Varsity minutes toward the end of the season. Especially if the Birds suffer through a losing season.

You may be right, however do you really think Ball is going to stick with Basketball? He is a footballer and with his size, that could be his focus going into his Sr. yr. IF he doesnt play... So you have 3 guards....Simpson,McGraw and simons....who else????? Are you going to make Mcgraw run the point? Or Nic?

 

They have a ton of forwards coming up through the ranks and I wouldnt be surprised to see him get some Varsity minutes toward the end of the season. Especially if the Birds suffer through a losing season.

Not sure about Ball. If the Birds have to turn to Frosh, they are in deep trouble. Any Sophs?

I wasn't at the game but I have talked to the coach about that weekend and he mentioned that the Rose Hill crew were the real deal and carried that team to all their victories. None of the above frosh played in that game , not that they would have made a difference. bballfanky did you see the game?

I also heard that the curly headed kid for Atteck dominated the first quarter or so until they put one of the rose hill monsters on him.

Not sure about Ball. If the Birds have to turn to Frosh, they are in deep trouble. Any Sophs?

Eric Kyle has all the physical tools to become an extremely strong point guard. But he has to WANT to be the leader. The smart play would be to "force feed" the point to him on JV. Let him get over his growing pains there. This project should have been started in the 7th/8th grade!! If Jordan Messer would buy into passing instead of dribbling (SPAULDING!!...pardon my Ken Shields-ism) he could step in at point also. The boy has DEEP range on his jumper. Zach Lother still needs to mature physically to compete at the upper level.....but his heart and head are already way beyond his years!

Eric Kyle has all the physical tools to become an extremely strong point guard. But he has to WANT to be the leader. The smart play would be to "force feed" the point to him on JV. Let him get over his growing pains there. This project should have been started in the 7th/8th grade!! If Jordan Messer would buy into passing instead of dribbling (SPAULDING!!...pardon my Ken Shields-ism) he could step in at point also. The boy has DEEP range on his jumper. Zach Lother still needs to mature physically to compete at the upper level.....but his heart and head are already way beyond his years!

 

 

Thanks for the update on some kids I forgot about. I hear Kyle is strictly basketball so I am sure Willie is more than pleased. As far as physical maturity for Lother.... maybe he needs to sneak some of those catering orders into his room for some midnight snacks. :D

I wasn't at the game but I have talked to the coach about that weekend and he mentioned that the Rose Hill crew were the real deal and carried that team to all their victories. None of the above frosh played in that game , not that they would have made a difference. bballfanky did you see the game?

 

Yes I saw the game and Euton (Rose Hill) and Flannery (Boone Co.) had 20 each. The next leading scorer was Earls (Boone) with 10. Jackson (Rose Hill) has a broke wrist, he was not even in the building, and Bair (Rose Hill) had 5 points. I don't think the coach knows who is from Rose Hill and who's from Boone.

 

When I said that Gallatin had a good group of freshmen coming up, I thought we were playing against some of them. I thought the younger boys on the team we played against were the freshmen you commented on post #13 on this thread. Sorry.

 

Gallatin does have a good team, I think Neeley will help the team if he transfers there.

I also heard that the curly headed kid for Atteck dominated the first quarter or so until they put one of the rose hill monsters on him.

 

I don't know which game he saw because they did not play quarters, they played two 16 minute halves. There's only one big monster from Rose Hill and that is Euton. He did not guard the curly headed kid. The curly headed kid was only about 6'1", Earls from Boone may have guarded him but I doubt it, the Patriots pressed and fell back into a zone defense most of the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.