Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 46 Highlands 38

Featured Replies

Final from Ft Thomas

Wow. A surprise. Martin must have went off? After last weeks game and with Barth and Coffey back I thought they would give NDA fits out top. Fun year in the 9th

Birds get outplayed and out hustled on their own floor tonight. Pandas took it to them. NDs guards controlled the entire game and their entire team played extremely hard.

 

Birds aren't playing well right now. They look completely out of sync on offense, which is not typical. Maybe it's the multiple players being out for so long, I don't know. But they have a long way to go to get back to the fine tuned machine we are used to seeing. Not much creation in the offense and they have issues getting good shots when teams pressure them in the half court.

 

I'm not overly concerned at this point. They are just getting everyone back and there is plenty of time to straighten it out. If they are playing this way a month from now, then I'll be concerned.

 

Great game by the Pandas! Birds remember...it's a marathon, not a sprint!

First time seeing Highlands since game number 1 of the season and have to say I was surprised at the number of 3's they took. Scored first 9 points of game on 3's to go up 9 to 0 and then continued to launch them as the game got away from them. Then when they needed to take them at end of game they were reluctant to shoot them.

 

Notre Dame guard play was very good and they shot lights out from the field and the free throw line.

 

A little disappointed in the effort put in by HHS given the good crowd and first varsity game in the newly renovated gym. Like RCC said, there is time to correct mistakes and continue to focus on the big prize at the end of they year.

The birds will get it together and won't have any issues with the pandas when they next meet.

  • Author

The comments are dead on. HHS is so deep and just need to figure out to rotate all that talent and let players get in the flow of the game. NDA Martins battery is crazy. She made some great defensive plays late in the game and works so hard on offense. She is a fun player to watch. Hagen was the difference tonight. I know she was playing with a chip on her shoulder tonight, but she controlled the game from scoring to dishing to handling the press and crowd. BTW for a girls game in early January what a crowd and hostile environment. Was great to see.

What has happened to the art of the bounce pass? Many different scenarios it would have paid dividends. I believe the gals will right the ship but somebody will need to step up and take the lead. You have to want the ball in your hands. Gals are to unselfish; the boys need to share the ball. Last comment Gabbard got after it on the defensive end!

The comments are dead on. HHS is so deep and just need to figure out to rotate all that talent and let players get in the flow of the game. NDA Martins battery is crazy. She made some great defensive plays late in the game and works so hard on offense. She is a fun player to watch. Hagen was the difference tonight. I know she was playing with a chip on her shoulder tonight' date=' but she controlled the game from scoring to dishing to handling the press and crowd. BTW for a girls game in early January what a crowd and hostile environment. Was great to see.[/quote']

 

First time watching Martins and Hagen both played extremely well!!!

Birds get outplayed and out hustled on their own floor tonight. Pandas took it to them. NDs guards controlled the entire game and their entire team played extremely hard.

 

Birds aren't playing well right now. They look completely out of sync on offense, which is not typical. Maybe it's the multiple players being out for so long, I don't know. But they have a long way to go to get back to the fine tuned machine we are used to seeing. Not much creation in the offense and they have issues getting good shots when teams pressure them in the half court.

 

I'm not overly concerned at this point. They are just getting everyone back and there is plenty of time to straighten it out. If they are playing this way a month from now, then I'll be concerned.

 

Great game by the Pandas! Birds remember...it's a marathon, not a sprint!

 

RCC thanks for saying hello and again great to see yours playing again. HHS is super good and will be fine. A lot of rotating parts is not easy especially the first few games. Shout out to the crowd and the new gym. First class gym and great crowd support. Envious of both

I would be a little concerned I know HHS had some injuries but if they are as deep as everyone says and to be honest I don't see that but its just my opinion. I think they didn't realize coming in what an impact those seniors had on this team last year and are struggling to find what roles each player should play. HHS has talent but I don't think they are as talented as last year. I think their best player is Lee and don't go to her enough.

So who is the top team in the 9th at this point in the season? Holmes has a key player out for the season and lost to anderson. Ryle to me has played the best, but has lost 4 games . The birds seem like they will need the whole reg season to get clicking. At the beginning of the year, I would not have considered NDA or Boone to be able to compete for a region title, but the top of the field is not as strong as expected.

So who is the top team in the 9th at this point in the season? Holmes has a key player out for the season and lost to anderson. Ryle to me has played the best, but has lost 4 games . The birds seem like they will need the whole reg season to get clicking. At the beginning of the year, I would not have considered NDA or Boone to be able to compete for a region title, but the top of the field is not as strong as expected.

 

My opinion is that Ryle is playing the best right now. They have some losses, but have played a great schedule so I don't put too much into their losses. I'm actually kinda happy for their kids that it appears to be figured out. I said before the season started that the 9th would be very balanced and if you slipped at all on any of the top 10 teams, you would lose. Holmes has become more vulnerable with the loss of their shooters and now their inside presence. Still very athletic and are definitely up there somewhere. HHS will be fine. Once everyone is back to full strength, I think they will shrink their rotation a little and make sure they have the top 6-8 on the floor most of the time. They are playing 10-11 kids just about every night. I truly think they are looking for the top 2-4 kids to fill that 8 man rotation every night. Once they identify them, they will be just fine. I think HC is clearly in the mix. They seem to always play good defense and if their outside shooting continues to be there for them, they are a very solid squad. I look at ND, Conner and NCC as teams that can beat you on any night, but I'm not sure they can string 3 together in a row to get out of the region. Then I think you have Boone and Beechwood as long shots. But both will have to fight to even get out of their district. That's just my opinion.

I agree right now its Ryle with Holmes still right there even though they have lost some key players. HHS if they can put it together but I don't think they are as strong as they were last season but then again neither is the region, Holy Cross certain can repeat but will have to play well unlike last year they could play half way good game and still win. NCC, Boone, Conner and ND are teams that I wouldn't fall asleep on.

I don't get too see Highlands very often but my observation last night was that Brianna Adler needs to shoot the ball more. I don't know if they are not running many sets for her or what the deal is. The kid shoots 40% or better from 3. I'm not suggesting others should not be shooting. Highlands is well rounded and has a lot of talent. Maybe it was just a fluke last night but if I've got a 40% or better from 3 shooter I'm running plenty of sets for her.

Adler needs to clear her mind and realize how good of a shooter she is. I think it is a combo getting a chaser and pressing a bit. I still think she will click on all cylinders soon ( to good not to). I think the young frosh Barth needs to take the lead. She still is a great team player with a smile that will light a gym; but she is very talented and ready to take that next step. I see Leigh and Coffey playing well of late. The others are playing their roles. I anticipate it coming together soon.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.