Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dryer Vent Cleaning

Featured Replies

No I used Vent Doctor about 3 years ago. It cost $99 and he also removed the bird's nest and put a new cap on the outside.

 

Can't remember what that cost but was reasonable for home service.

Did my own for nothing, also took back off dryer and cleaned that too. It was scary how much flammable material built up in back of dryer and how much quicker clothes dry. If you're hiring it done, will pay for itself. After seeing what a fire hazard it was, I will do this at least once a year.

Did my own for nothing, also took back off dryer and cleaned that too. It was scary how much flammable material built up in back of dryer and how much quicker clothes dry. If you're hiring it done, will pay for itself. After seeing what a fire hazard it was, I will do this at least once a year.

 

Same here, I do it every 3 months or so. An added benefit is the lint is an excellent fire starter if you don't use softner sheets in the dryer. Many rainy boy scout campouts have been saved by it's use.

Sounds like a waste of money to me. It's pretty easy to clean a dryer vent lol.

Sounds like a waste of money to me. It's pretty easy to clean a dryer vent lol.

 

 

Probably should say vent ducts to the outside of the house, apartment, condo etc.

One thing I would like to find out is how they measure air flow. I know you can add a booster blower in your duct work if needed.

If I am not mistaken, dryer vent fires are the leading, if not it's very close, to being the #1 cause of fires in the home.

Hmmm I've never cleaned mine. I guess I need to look into that.

Hmmm I've never cleaned mine. I guess I need to look into that.

 

Yes! Inside with the lint trap and the rest that goes outside.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.