Comparing the top 10

Don't know what it means if anything. Looks like the top 5 is fairly consistent across the board.

Hard to argue with any of them at this point in the season.

Bluegrasspreps Boys Rankings 1-4-16

1. Dunbar

2. Trinity

3. Christian County

4. Bullitt East

5. Mercer County

6. Bowling Green

7. Lafayette

8. Owen County

9. Henry Clay

10. Covington Catholic

Associated press

1. Mercer County

2. Paul Laurence Dunbar

3. Trinity

4. Christian County

5. Cov. Catholic

6. Scott County

7. Bullitt East

8. Henry Clay

9. Bowling Green

10. Lafayette

Litkenhaus (CJ)

The LITKENHOUS RATINGS

1.Mercer County (14-0)

2.Christian County (11-2)

3.Paul Laurence Dunbar (13-2)

4.Trinity (13-2)

5.Covington Catholic (9-4)

6.Bullitt East (11-2)

7.Henry Clay (13-2)

8.Lafayette (10-3)

9.Central (4-4)

10.Fern Creek (8-4)

Eight of the top ten teams are in all three polls, with Litkenhous being different...Imagine that? It looks like the upper tier are fairly steady at this point.

With some key games across the state, and the LIT coming up, let's see what the next 2 weeks brings us.

Why is Fern Creek ranked in anyone's poll

I would agree not in Top 10, but Top 20 is reasonable considering the schedule they have played. Besides an out of state Evanston, IL loss by a bunch, the other 3 losses were at #2 Trinity by 8, at Male by 5 and a loss to North Hardin by 6 at the KOB. Trinity & Male are two loss teams and NH is 10-4 playing a tough schedule as well. FC beat Bowling Green who is a Top 10 team with only 2 losses by 12 at the KOB. I agree they should not be ranked over Male or North Hardin, but having three losses to KY teams who are all solid teams just means they have played a much more difficult schedule than most.

They play Bullitt East this Thursday and that will tell whether they are a pretender or contender for the 6th region.

I would agree not in Top 10, but Top 20 is reasonable considering the schedule they have played. Besides an out of state Evanston, IL loss by a bunch, the other 3 losses were at #2 Trinity by 8, at Male by 5 and a loss to North Hardin by 6 at the KOB. Trinity & Male are two loss teams and NH is 10-4 playing a tough schedule as well. FC beat Bowling Green who is a Top 10 team with only 2 losses by 12 at the KOB. I agree they should not be ranked over Male or North Hardin, but having three losses to KY teams who are all solid teams just means they have played a much more difficult schedule than most.

They play Bullitt East this Thursday and that will tell whether they are a pretender or contender for the 6th region.

Agreed, saw them in the KOB, like a lot of other teams, on a given night can be dangerous.