Rubio backs convention of states for term limits

I support this, but this would require Constiutional changes, which many conservatives will not budge on. Secondly, easily said by a 1st term Senator.

I think he may be pandering a little to independents knowing full well he can't this done.

The "Convention of States" project is an pretty conservative initiative that would draft an amendment to limit the terms of members of Congress AND Supreme Court justices. There's a possibility for consensus on the former, but certainly not on the latter.

They also want a balanced budget amendment, which would cripple the government and is surprising a war hawk like Rubio would support it. Who knows what else they would draft during a convention.

No thanks.

The "Convention of States" project is an pretty conservative initiative that would draft an amendment to limit the terms of members of Congress AND Supreme Court justices. There's a possibility for consensus on the former, but certainly not on the latter.

They also want a balanced budget amendment, which would cripple the government and is surprising a war hawk like Rubio would support it. Who knows what else they would draft during a convention.

No thanks.

To be clear, I'm on board with term limits. Didn't read the article.

Like several on here, have been shouting term limits for years.

To this day I am still wondering why people will continue to vote for someone who is in their upper 80's or in their 90's. All but a few constituents are way younger than them, at least vote them out so they can enjoy retirement.

I am good with around 18 years. Not sure that I would agree with term limits to the SCOTUS, but I wouldn't be apposed to hear both sides.

A Convention of the States , if, as deemed by some to be chaotic, nothing would come out of it to be ratified by 38 of the 50 states. The Founding Fathers had their difficulties at Philadelphia in 1787. They worked out their differences. As divided as we are today, this may be a chance for us to accomplish some common goals. BGP members on opposite sides of the political spectrum support term limits. Why not take a shot at finding common ground. If a convention were to be called could a limit be placed on what they could be discussed?