Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rubio backs convention of states for term limits

Featured Replies

Agree. I have supported term limits for 40 years. Just not sure the limit should be 12 or 18. I believe most would go for 12, but arguments could be made for either.

I support this, but this would require Constiutional changes, which many conservatives will not budge on. Secondly, easily said by a 1st term Senator.

 

I think he may be pandering a little to independents knowing full well he can't this done.

Don't know if it will happen in my lifetime, but I'm on board.

The "Convention of States" project is an pretty conservative initiative that would draft an amendment to limit the terms of members of Congress AND Supreme Court justices. There's a possibility for consensus on the former, but certainly not on the latter.

 

They also want a balanced budget amendment, which would cripple the government and is surprising a war hawk like Rubio would support it. Who knows what else they would draft during a convention.

 

No thanks.

The "Convention of States" project is an pretty conservative initiative that would draft an amendment to limit the terms of members of Congress AND Supreme Court justices. There's a possibility for consensus on the former, but certainly not on the latter.

 

They also want a balanced budget amendment, which would cripple the government and is surprising a war hawk like Rubio would support it. Who knows what else they would draft during a convention.

 

No thanks.

 

To be clear, I'm on board with term limits. Didn't read the article.

 

Like several on here, have been shouting term limits for years.

I am all for an amendment to the constitution instituting term limits for members of Congress. I am opposed to a Convention of the States. In this partisan era of radicalism by both the right and the left, there is no way good would come from a Convention of the States.

To this day I am still wondering why people will continue to vote for someone who is in their upper 80's or in their 90's. All but a few constituents are way younger than them, at least vote them out so they can enjoy retirement.

 

I am good with around 18 years. Not sure that I would agree with term limits to the SCOTUS, but I wouldn't be apposed to hear both sides.

A Convention of the States , if, as deemed by some to be chaotic, nothing would come out of it to be ratified by 38 of the 50 states. The Founding Fathers had their difficulties at Philadelphia in 1787. They worked out their differences. As divided as we are today, this may be a chance for us to accomplish some common goals. BGP members on opposite sides of the political spectrum support term limits. Why not take a shot at finding common ground. If a convention were to be called could a limit be placed on what they could be discussed?

I support term limits that's all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.