Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals - 49ers Updates

Featured Replies

49ers are terrible... Worse than I thought. Just what McCarron needed to get going, face a bad team and gain some confidence.

  • Author

I have zero confidence in the ability of this team to run the ball in the playoffs against good teams. The sad thing is that they have their entire starting offensive line intact and can't run block. If this team is to advance in the playoffs they will need to get Dalton back or it could be another one and out.

I have zero confidence in the ability of this team to run the ball in the playoffs against good teams. The sad thing is that they have their entire starting offensive line intact and can't run block. If this team is to advance in the playoffs they will need to get Dalton back or it could be another one and out.

 

It is amazing how poor they are run blocking. Last year with the same offensive line they were the 6th best rushing team in the NFL.

 

This team can win in playoffs with McCarron too imo.

  • Author
It is amazing how poor they are run blocking. Last year with the same offensive line they were the 6th best rushing team in the NFL.

 

This team can win in playoffs with McCarron too imo.

 

They can win with McCarron IF they can run the ball which I don't see them being able to do right now.

I am trying to remember any football game on any level where I have seen an offensive line perform as poorly as the Bengals' has today and yet the team with the bad o-line play clearly controlled the game.

They can win with McCarron IF they can run the ball which I don't see them being able to do right now.

 

I think they can even if they can't run. Today they called conservative plays, Eifert is out, green is hurting. Not to mention they are up so much that McCarron is just going to take sacks right now instead of take a chance.

 

Last week they let him open it up and did pretty well besides two throws. With a fully healthy arsenal of guys to throw to, they can win even if running game is not great. However I sure would like it if they could run better too because that makes them more dangerous.

I am trying to remember any football game on any level where I have seen an offensive line perform as poorly as the Bengals' has today and yet the team with the bad o-line play clearly controlled the game.

 

Very good point.

I am trying to remember any football game on any level where I have seen an offensive line perform as poorly as the Bengals' has today and yet the team with the bad o-line play clearly controlled the game.

 

That is a direct result of the D getting off the field on 3 and outs or giving great field position via turnovers. That would becawesome, but then it takes 5 runs to get it in from 12 yards out, and you realize that this team can't impose its will offensively. This team needs to find its identity quickly. What can they fall back on in the clutch? Right now there isn't anything, and that is what all great teams have. When push comes to shove, this is who we are. Who are the Bengals? They have a Trail Mix offense. I need just Doritos.

That is a direct result of the D getting off the field on 3 and outs or giving great field position via turnovers. That would becawesome, but then it takes 5 runs to get it in from 12 yards out, and you realize that this team can't impose its will offensively. This team needs to find its identity quickly. What can they fall back on in the clutch? Right now there isn't anything, and that is what all great teams have. When push comes to shove, this is who we are. Who are the Bengals? They have a Trail Mix offense. I need just Doritos.

 

The Bengals have shown what they are. They are a gun team who passes this year. Today they didn't have Eifert and Green was banged up. So it was basically like last year when they didn't have their skill guys. Except last year they did the power running game each week, that is who they were. Today they were forced to try to be that again to injuries to the skill guys.

 

Have Eifert and Green fully healthy and this team would look more like a passing team again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.