More than 130K in fines Steelers/Bengals

spindoc

And it is my understanding these proceeds are paid forward to a retiree NFL player fund?

If so every TD celebration should result in a punted ball in the endzone!

"All on-field fine money collected by the NFL is used for charitable purposes. These funds have been used to support retired player programs, including the NFL Player Care Foundation and NFLPA Players Assistance Trust; disaster relief initiatives; and health-related charities."

I almost can't believe the NFL didn't address the before the game activity.

I agree with PFT on this one, the NFL is covering their own behind:

The NFL possibly opted not to fine Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict for the pre-kickoff scrum with Steelers linebacker Vince Williamsbecause doing so would have made even more of a story out of the apparent death threat made by Williams against Burfict after the teams met in Week Eight.

Some (i.e., me) believe the NFL originally didn’t take action against Williams (the Bengals thought he’d at least be warned) because doing so would have made what largely was a non-story into a potentially big story: “NFL PLAYER ISSUES DEATH THREAT!”

Fining Burfict for the Week 14 scuffle would have risked making the Williams threat a big story on a belated basis. Besides, it’s not like Burfict got a pass; he was fined three different plays in the game.

Six figures in Steelers-Bengals fines omit pregame skirmish | ProFootballTalk

I'm OK with the rules being enforced.

I do not subscribe to that being a cheap shot.

Mike's hit on Eifert wasn't necessarily a cheap shot, but it was a blatant penalty -- and Mike has a long history of those types of hits.

I don't consider it a cheap shot because it was a play on the ball, but Mike has proven over & over again that he's a head hunter (in a very literal sense). The celebration after the hit was a nice touch, too.

Mike's hit on Eifert wasn't necessarily a cheap shot, but it was a blatant penalty -- and Mike has a long history of those types of hits.

I don't consider it a cheap shot because it was a play on the ball, but Mike has proven over & over again that he's a head hunter (in a very literal sense). The celebration after the hit was a nice touch, too.

Yesterday, it was clearly apparent towards the end of the Denver game that Vernon Davis pulled up on one because he thought Mike was gonna paste him. Alligator armed it.