Eastern 68 Sacred Heart 58

Great game by the Eastern team and especially Kinnard.

Close game well into the fourth quarter with the Score 53-52 at 4:45 mark. Thompson hits a three and Eastern goes on a run.

Eastern is good and has great depth. They will be a tough out come touney time. I like where the Valkyries are at this point in the season. They will get better and to will be a tough out at the end of the year.

Good luck to Eastern with their hard fought win.

Now go win the Lexington Catholic holiday tourney.

One of my sources tells me SHA basically started taking very bad shots once Eastern got that 4th quarter lead. Instead of bonding together, they wilted under the pressure trying to catch up all at once. Each person was tryngto do it themselves. Also heard SHA was intimidated and would not drive to the basket after a couple of charging fouls called on them early in the game.

Like you sa passthe ball it is early. I am sure Coach Moir will figure something out. She has a good history in doing that.

As a non partial fan I thought I would go with all the hype that was being drummed up. Here are my thoughts. SHA wins on a neutral court. SHA's Fichter didn't miss a shot the first half but SHA guards would not pass her the ball the second half. From what I can tell Berger is a beast, just had an off game. She can get her shot off at will. The freshman guard is decent but has a long way to go to compete with a team like Eastern. Eastern is deep, they can bring someone in and give a break without losing much. SHA, not so deep. The Kinnaird kid can attack the basket like no ones business. I expected a lot of 3's in this game but there wasn't. Mishler I would put in the same category as the freshman from SHA. Remembering a previous thread, it had her in to 10 in the 7th. I would replace her with Fichter from SHA on that list. If Eastern's Collins would have gotten into the flow the score might have been by more. Eastern attacked the basket and SHA stopped after the plethora of charges called in the first quarter. SHA needed help guarding Porter after their big Taylor got two quick fouls on her. Hopefully they will get to play each other again. Good job to both teams!

SACRED HEART 19 11 13 15 – 58

EASTERN 12 11 23 22 – 68

Sacred Heart (5-1) – Scott 2, Harris 10, Samsel 11, Sivils 9, Berger 12, Fichter 14.

Eastern (7-0) – Porter 15, Mishler 2, Thompson 18, Kinnard 17, Smith 5, Collins 5, Pearl 6.

3-point goals – Harris, Samsel, Berger, Fichter; Thompson, Kinnard, Collins.

Edited by TheMr.basketball

Orca, SHA controlled the tempo and the game the first half, I think the crowd (and it was a good crowd) and the band (which was awesome) got to the young SHA in the second half. Don't get me wrong, Eastern is very solid and I could be and probably would be wrong about it. They will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the 7th!

Eastern just has soooo much quality depth. They might not have a McCune or a Green, but the waves of people that they can throw at you has to be overwhelming. Really, I think that SHA just got worn down as the game went on, they played about 6 maybe 7 players while eastern only had 2 players play 25 minutes.