Inside the 9th Region (12/14)

Walter

Over Cooper and Covcath?

Cooper's only loss is to arguably the hottest team in NKY right now. ..on the road.

Covcath has played a really tough schedule. Three top 25 teams in Cooper, T, and Central.

Definitely would like to hear the argument for NCC at #2.

I guess it depends on is this a poll of "what have they done so far and where they should be ranked", or " where they will be when all is said and done".

Right now, NCC has gone undefeated, defeating a good LexCath at a neutral site. I looked up the latest coaches poll and the coaches think NCC is #1 right now so me putting them at #2 is no stretch. And as always, I enjoy your write ups.

I would think Lloyd would be 10th in front of St. Henry. Heck, Boone County's schedule has been tougher than St. Henry with less experienced players and about the same outcome as St. Henry. . Plus, They have New Cath tonight and Cooper on Friday. Boone's first 6 games are 5 teams in the top 7 and the 6th would be Grant County which I feel is tougher team than St. Henry's Campbell game. I guess if St Henry is 10th, that must be a positive for Boone.

You do a nice job with the write-ups, I have seen all the top teams in this region play except NCC and even though the region is down from the past several years there are still some nice teams and it will be very competitive year that being said the most talented team in this region and the team to beat will be CCH they have such a big upside with all the new young talent and they have CVH who no matter how he ends up projecting for college is just a winner at the high school level.

Holy Cross is different team from the past several years basically because they are playing great team defense if Coach Schrand will stay committed to HC being a great defensive team they will be very competitive.

Cooper has a very nice team and are very well coached but they have to get more consistent scoring than just the McNeil kid or they will have a hard time beating Top 25 competition on a regular basis.

I believe Holmes will be a legitimate contender by the end of the year great guard play and some young talent that will only get better. Well coached team.

I will have to check out NCC soon, also Newport can compete if they will commit to playing on the defense end like HC has.

Also saw Ryle play great improvement over last year's team is very committed to playing hard nose defense and the team is alot more physical this year (McFarland had them hit the weight room hard), will need to find more ways to score or they will struggle against top competition on the offensive end.

Cooper has played 4 games and they have 2 other players avg. in double figures so not really sure what you are referring to as to finding other consistent scorers this early in the season. For those who think that this team isn't any more than McNeil they will be in for a big surprise as 3-4 other players can score. McNeil is the scoring leader no doubt but this TEAM has balance which is more important IMO.

Bottom line is this team plays solid defense and I will certainly take that.

I would think Lloyd would be 10th in front of St. Henry. Heck, Boone County's schedule has been tougher than St. Henry with less experienced players and about the same outcome as St. Henry. . Plus, They have New Cath tonight and Cooper on Friday. Boone's first 6 games are 5 teams in the top 7 and the 6th would be Grant County which I feel is tougher team than St. Henry's Campbell game. I guess if St Henry is 10th, that must be a positive for Boone.

Not a shot by any means at Grant Co, but I think Campbell is a more formidable foe. If Grant were to play Campbell, I'd take the Camels.

Not a shot by any means at Grant Co, but I think Campbell is a more formidable foe. If Grant were to play Campbell, I'd take the Camels.

I have watched both play this season, I would say Grant. I know Campbell was getting some love before the season, just don't see it yet.

Cooper has played 4 games and they have 2 other players avg. in double figures so not really sure what you are referring to as to finding other consistent scorers this early in the season. For those who think that this team isn't any more than McNeil they will be in for a big surprise as 3-4 other players can score. McNeil is the scoring leader no doubt but this TEAM has balance which is more important IMO.

Bottom line is this team plays solid defense and I will certainly take that.

My thoughts as well. McNeil has plenty of help around him to score with Hendrix, C McNeil, and Kunk. All three will avg 8-12 ppg for the season.

Add the fact that all 4 of the leading scorers are willing to get after it at the other end and Cooper will be fine. Just like Covcath to start the year, one road loss in early December isn't going to determine what they do come February and March.

I am sure Holy Cross is shooting well and is good this year. But if they end up as either of the top two in their region at the end of the year I will be surprised. I honestly will be surprised if they end up as either of the top two teams in their district.

I'm not saying they aren't good and haven't started out strong or don't deserve the number one spot. But just what I think will happen