December 12, 201510 yr Cards with another solid performance. Ray Spalding with another good game. That kid is going to be a star. Can't wait to watch him the next few years.
December 12, 201510 yr Love Ray! Didn’t get to see today’s game but looking forward to watching the replay at some point this weekend.
December 13, 201510 yr Spalding is similar to Earl Clark. Needs to add some muscle tone but man he is a talent. Love the chemistry of this team. Preseason polls had Louisville 7 in the ACC lol.
December 17, 201510 yr What was the attendance for the game? Saw a pic on twitter of the stands at YUM at tipoff last night and it was a ghost town. Is the horrible schedule affecting ticket sales?
December 17, 201510 yr What was the attendance for the game? Saw a pic on twitter of the stands at YUM at tipoff last night and it was a ghost town. Is the horrible schedule affecting ticket sales? It doesn't affect sales, just attendance. Huge numbers of corporate seats are in the lower bowl and so those holders don't really care if anyone actually uses the tickets or not. They're all paid for, but unused on a lot of cases. Plus, UofL crowds are notoriously late-arriving. It was bad enough at Freedom Hall, but with all the bars and restaurants around the Yum Center, it's even worse.
December 17, 201510 yr Author Plus, UofL crowds are notoriously late-arriving. It was bad enough at Freedom Hall, but with all the bars and restaurants around the Yum Center, it's even worse. And traffic downtown for a weeknight game is horrendous. If you're not already in the downtown area, you will be lucky to make it by tip off. I almost always use surface streets when I'm going straight to a game after work, the interstates are impossible.
December 17, 201510 yr And traffic downtown for a weeknight game is horrendous. If you're not already in the downtown area, you will be lucky to make it by tip off. I almost always use surface streets when I'm going straight to a game after work, the interstates are impossible. Definitely. It's nice living in the Highlands when going down there because I can jet downtown using Barrett Ave. and Broadway.
December 17, 201510 yr As a cats fan, I admittedly have not watched much, if any, of the Cards this year. Who are their scoring threats? Who are their go-to, clutch players? I may be out of the loop on this one, but it seems that this team lacks the "household" names that prior teams have had. Who on their team should I be "worried" about for the Cats/Cards matchup?
December 17, 201510 yr As a cats fan, I admittedly have not watched much, if any, of the Cards this year. Who are their scoring threats? Who are their go-to, clutch players? I may be out of the loop on this one, but it seems that this team lacks the "household" names that prior teams have had. Who on their team should I be "worried" about for the Cats/Cards matchup? As a cats fan, I'll try to answer. I've watched them a few times, Lee and Lewis (both 5th year transfers I believe) look outstanding. Mitchell seems to be a great athlete and their big man seems much improved. UL is a hard team to figure early in most seasons and this year is no different. Outside of the loss to Michigan State, the cards have played absolutely no one. It's tough to get a good read on a team when they are playing that level of competition. I'll say this, they are blowing out the teams they should be blowing out....
December 17, 201510 yr Author Who on their team should I be "worried" about for the Cats/Cards matchup? At the top of this list are Damion Lee and Trey Lewis. They are scoring in bunches, have veteran leadership, and being fifth year guys are not afraid of anything. They both can score a lot, but neither forces anything, which is refreshing. Quentin Snider has greatly improved from last year, IMO. I'd even venture to say the offense runs a bit more smooth when Q is running the point. His stroke has improved, his decision making has improved, and he is great and getting everyone involved. Deng Adel has showed a lot of promise, but he's been sidelined by injury the past couple weeks. Long guy on the wing that can get in the lane and score. Donovan Mitchell has explosive athleticism. Can shoot the ball well and is probably the quickest guy on the court. You can tell he is still figuring things out, especially on the defensive end, but he is going to be a huge asset for the Cards. Mathiang, Onuaku and Johnson have all improved on the inside. Onuaku's issue will be staying out of foul trouble. I actually feel good about the depth we have, with Spalding, Mahmoud, and Stockman coming off the bench. You're right, there are no household names this year, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Saw a stat online last night.... Louisville already has more bench points this season than they did through 25 games last year. There was NO bench scoring last year, that has certainly improved. And I think Louisville *might* actually be 100% healthy on the 26th. That is unheard of for the Cards.
December 17, 201510 yr Thank Duece. At the beginning of the season/ exhibition games, it appeared that the Cats were going to run away with it. Not sure if that is the case anymore. Looking forward to a solid match up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.