Got my Boss tickets, advice?

MayfieldFan

Crossed this off the bucket list last night! Thanks for all the advice, ended up staying the Aloft hotel (thanks @TAC). Me and the missus rolled in early afternoon and got a little bit too drunk too early but fortunately the long lines and wait for the concert to get started helped a bit. Recovered nicely and had a great time.

REVIEW: Loud and great. Big Bruce fan but first time concert goer. Kinda strange to just play the album start to finish in order, but was super cool how some of the songs that I routinely skip when driving around were highlights of the show. I don't go to a lot of concerts but that was the best I have ever been to and it's not close. I have wasted more than a few hours watching concerts and clips on youtube, it is amazing how much difference there is to be there live. Did I mention it was loud?

Crossed this off the bucket list last night! Thanks for all the advice, ended up staying the Aloft hotel (thanks @TAC). Me and the missus rolled in early afternoon and got a little bit too drunk too early but fortunately the long lines and wait for the concert to get started helped a bit. Recovered nicely and had a great time.

REVIEW: Loud and great. Big Bruce fan but first time concert goer. Kinda strange to just play the album start to finish in order, but was super cool how some of the songs that I routinely skip when driving around were highlights of the show. I don't go to a lot of concerts but that was the best I have ever been to and it's not close. I have wasted more than a few hours watching concerts and clips on youtube, it is amazing how much difference there is to be there live. Did I mention it was loud?

Dang! Wish we could have hooked up. I ended up scoring a last minute ticket and went to this show as well. We grabbed a beer and a few pizzas (or was it the other way around) across the street. Great time. Yum center is a bit of a cluster to get in and out of but still a nice venue.

Buddy took his 20 year old as a driver and had to be back in town last night so we didn't stay.

Dang! Wish we could have hooked up. I ended up scoring a last minute ticket and went to this show as well. We grabbed a beer and a few pizzas (or was it the other way around) across the street. Great time. Yum center is a bit of a cluster to get in and out of but still a nice venue.

Buddy took his 20 year old as a driver and had to be back in town last night so we didn't stay.

This is the biggest issue I've ever had getting in to Yum... Definitely heightened security measures. For most shows - even those that are sold out - I have walked right in without issue.

This is the biggest issue I've ever had getting in to Yum... Definitely heightened security measures. For most shows - even those that are sold out - I have walked right in without issue.

I was in the lower bowl and just getting out of there to the main plaza was a wait.

I was in the lower bowl and just getting out of there to the main plaza was a wait.

Ah. I was also lower bowl. My section was pretty easy to leave because most of them bailed after "Born to Run" assuming it was the last song. They missed out.

Glad you got to go. My plan, if it can be called that, was to go, figure out a place, and then to post it here if anybody wanted to come by. Which would have been fun, but kinda hard to do that when I realized I have no idea what my bgp pw is. Good thing my computers remember, but my phone does not.

All the security at the Yum is new... Like barely a month old, I think. It has caused issues at UL basketball games too, mostly because people don't realize you can't come at the same time and expect to get in as easily as you used to.

Hope you all still enjoyed it!

Saw The River tour in 1980 and then last night was a memorable flashback to that time. How amazing is it that I am still tired tonight from just attending the concert? Girl next to me rivaled Taylor Swift in chair dancing ability and was sweating 6 songs in. Just a fantastic show and a very attentive crowd that was really into it. Nothing like live versions of Springsteen songs. 3 hours and 25 minutes of non-stop entertainment. Nice to hear Born in the USA played which has become a rarity on tour. 35 songs which was the most on the tour so far.

I didn't really say much about the show... I had my concerns going in, as The River is a somewhat schizophrenic album. It's got the ballads and the rockers, but I've always felt that it played more like a compilation than a true album. Plus it's 20 songs, many of which will likely lose the casual fan. It's a daunting task. I consider myself a big fan of Bruce, but I was mentally checking out myself around Stolen Car... Drive All Night pulled me back in, and I just wanted Wreck on the Highway to end.

Meet Me in the City is a very good song, and was a fun way to open the show. I think I lost my voice singing Badlands. And Nils always blows my mind on that Because the Night solo.

Overall, just an absolutely incredible show even with the slow moments. This was my 3rd time seeing Bruce with the E Street Band. This was probably my bottom show of the three, but that's not a slight.

I'm exhausted from the show and I'm 28. These guys (minus Jake) are 60+. It's really remarkable that they're still going strong. We should enjoy it as long as it lasts.

• 2 months later...

I recently discovered that on his website they produce and master every concert and sell it as a live album. I just bought the mp3 of the show I saw last. I was expecting it to sound like the grainy concert audio I've heard from bootlegs and Youtube videos, but it sounds as good as an official live album. I thought I'd bring it up here in case anyone was interested. They have a few of his legendary concerts from the 70s and 80s up there too.

I recently discovered that on his website they produce and master every concert and sell it as a live album. I just bought the mp3 of the show I saw last. I was expecting it to sound like the grainy concert audio I've heard from bootlegs and Youtube videos, but it sounds as good as an official live album. I thought I'd bring it up here in case anyone was interested. They have a few of his legendary concerts from the 70s and 80s up there too.

The day after the opening show I saw in Pittsburgh, there was a 3 CD copy of the show on my porch. Sounds great. Not sure where it came from.