Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern 110 Wayne County 106 (2OT)

Featured Replies

There had to be a lot of kids in double figures in this game.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible defensive play call at end of regulation play 4th qtr .7 on clock full court pass to right wing no one within10 foot 19 coaches on Wayne co bench and that's the best you can do terrible .Wayne should won this game in regulation time ....terrible coaching cost Wayne co a loss tonight!!!

 

 

I don't think "terrible defense" was limited to the final 0.7.

Any word on Stearns status?

I'm thinking about heading down to watch them today, but if he's out in not sure how competitive they can be.

Not Cory's Stearns knee he landed on front part of foot and something popped in his foot won't know till Monday MRI pray nothing bad he is a great kid. ...

This was not a coaching error. Those kids were instructed in timeout to go for the steal on the pass, if they failed to get the pass, to run into to get the foul. of them lost their train of thought. Don't go blaming coaches when you don't know what you are talking about. I agree it was terrible defense, but a kids mistake. Let me go on to say this, Southwestern is a terrific team with so many weapons that can score. Its very tuff to guard them, cause they can create and score. In my opinion, they are better by far than last year.

He is out today MRI on Monday hope and pray nothing serious

I was there watching it wide open shot he had no one within 10 foot woods may been in Chattanooga on that play I was watching play unfold as it happened 1 time out left should have used it let me guess bakers man open if so that figure's should have been a win then cory wouldn't gotten hurt no way that boy should have been that wide open with .7 left full court inbound say what you want you probably a booster for woods but should have not lost that game and possibly Stearns for season...

Edited by kapcat
miss spelled word

And I agree Southwestern better than last years team. I hate to say unless injuries or terrible game play in 12th region tournament. Southwestern going to Rupp. Too fast, too athletic, great deffense, shoots the ball well, and very deep bench they keep playing like that unstoppable for next 3 years

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 13

Looking at Southwesterns schedule: other than Wayne co and there last game of season against Mercer Co they have got one of the easiest schedule in 12th region !!!

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 13

I

And I agree southwestern better than last years team I hate to say unless injuries or terrible game play in 12 th region tournament southwestern going to rupp to fast to athletic great deffense shoots the ball well and very deep bench they keep playing like that unstoppable for next 3 years

 

You say all that after having just pointed out all of the ways Wayne gave this game to them??

 

This is the same SW team that trailed Casey at home after 3 quarters earlier in the week....not saying they're not a great team, but you may be getting a tad carried away.

What's interesting about the 12th this year is that the top 3 teams are all at their best when playing up-tempo. So who wins? Should be very fun to watch.

You better believe kapcat I'm a booster for Woods. I never said before that anyone was close to guarding the shooter, I stated one player lost his train of thought on the play. They were instructed to either steal the pass or foul on pass and it did not happen. I don't think at this time of the season though, you might give Southwester pass to RuppArena.

Imagine the scoring if SW hadn't held the ball for 4 min in 4th and the whole first OT. Way to teach them the game crying Steve

 

Can you explain what this post means?

Can you explain what this post means?

SW held the for about 4 minutes in the fourth just passing it around. Wayne shot a couple 3s and tied it up. In the 1st OT SW once again held the ball at half court for almost 3 min. If they would have played basketball during this time the score would have been much higher.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.