Is South Warren quickest to Title?

Didn't know that, that's amazing!

Yep, lost a heart-breaker at Franklin Simpson 20-15. It was a great defensive battle that I still think Collins probably should've won. There was no shortage of controversy in it either. That team was no where near as skilled offensively as the title team (those seniors were sophomores) but they may have actually had a slightly better defense that year. That was also the year that Collins played no home games as their field had to be repaired.

Collins basically took two varsity programs though, there was a large migration to the new school the first few years, left Shelby county very thin......

Very true. That's starting to balance out now. I'm anxious to see how successful both programs are now that they are each on pretty solid footing.

Why did so many kids move from SC to Collins in those first years?

New facilities, some of the better players were placed in that school, and from what I was told they just had to want to take a course not offered at Shelby and it was legal....since then they have put a clamp down on it. I think Shelby went 0-10 the year after the split or at least had some lean years.

Collins basically took two varsity programs though, there was a large migration to the new school the first few years, left Shelby county very thin......

The first year they did pretty much have Shelby's team from the year before, but after that it was just the west side of the county at Collins. After the first year I don't know of any players that switched from SC to Collins, however, there were some that transferred back to SC (Manica, for example). No one on the championship team went to Shelby County, they were the first 4 year class to go through Collins.

Some people got all bent out of shape over the split at the time, but I think now that SC has bounced back most have gotten over it. Hopefully both schools can have consistent success from now on.