December 14, 201510 yr Pay attention and you don't get hit in the face with a bat... Normally I agree with this but baseball is a little different. The ball comes off the bat so fast,sometimes there is not enough time to react even if paying attention. I have been hit by a line drive before and I was paying attention. Of course, I don't move like a cat any more.
December 14, 201510 yr Pay attention and you don't get hit in the face with a bat... Not every attendee is a 20-something year old male. Lots of kids, elderly, men and women that can't catch and are there to enjoy the overall ballpark experience. Installing some type of protective measure is a must. It's easy to do & relatively inexpensive considering the risks proceeding without one. On top of that, most owners and players seem to support some type of protective netting, too.
December 17, 201510 yr Not every attendee is a 20-something year old male. Lots of kids, elderly, men and women that can't catch and are there to enjoy the overall ballpark experience. Installing some type of protective measure is a must. It's easy to do & relatively inexpensive considering the risks proceeding without one. On top of that, most owners and players seem to support some type of protective netting, too. Players, yes are all for it. Owners, on the other hand, have been the ones dragging their feet on the issue.
December 22, 201510 yr I agree with GrantNKY, after a few innings you won't even notice the net. I don't think I've ever heard anyone sitting behind home-plate complaining about the net disturbing their experience.
December 24, 201510 yr They've had nets down the sidelines in most college baseball stadiums. It doesn't bother me in the least. TV may have a problem with it, though. Broadcasters tend to shoot much of a college game utilizing the outfield cameras.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.